Location ideas

Haakon

Administrator
Staff member
Hello everyone! I think we need to begin collecting images of possible film shooting locations. We should bring in all our ideas for the locations we think give the impression we want to give of Arda (marred). Before that, or in connection to that, we should examine the decisions that have been made regarding how geology and life, and discuss how we want to present Middle-earth, Valinor and (for the frame) Rivendell. Arda Unmarred is a different issue I guess, since it's supposed to look Perfect.
Probably it's a good idea to have several threads for the different locations we are looking for. One thread for Utumno, one for The mountains of Pelori, one for Taniquetil, one for Rivendell etc. This thread is just meant as a start. but we can use it to have discussions, of course.

It is important to me that the location for Rivendell be at the very least inspired by the Lauterbrunnen valley in Switzerland.

For reasons.

valley2.jpg

Last edited:
It is important to me that the location for Rivendell be at the very least inspired by the Lauterbrunnen valley in Switzerland.

For reasons.
I obviously don't know your reasons but I'm absolutely for that suggestion. It looks awesome! Just what I was looking for.

Well, that's a shame... I tried to join the live session for once but I think I was too late. Anyway it didn't work.... I hope it was a good session! :)

Sorry we missed you! The idea of Valmar being 'for the elves' and saved for 2nd season was well received by the Hosts.

image.jpg The remarkables in Queenstown, New Zealand would be great for the Iron Mountains and Angband

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 1
Back