The Ferry Island -Tol Eressëa

Haakon

Administrator
Staff member
Since we don't have the possibility yet to start threads in the section for season 2, I post this here instead. I'm not sure right now where the discussion landed, but one idea that came up was that Ossë gets the island Melkor created in season one (leading up to Ossë's rebellion). If this becomes the Ferry Island, and later on Tol Eressëa, it is a volcanic island. Like this:
images

Or this:
images

Just an association: A picture from Santorini, Greece, a volcanic island. An idea of how buildings might look on such an island.

upload_2016-9-23_14-57-16.jpeg

As an alternative to the volcanic island, we could use the Danish island of Moen. upload_2016-10-12_14-34-40.jpegupload_2016-10-12_14-34-50.jpegupload_2016-10-12_14-36-36.jpegupload_2016-10-12_14-36-47.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2016-10-12_14-36-22.jpeg
    upload_2016-10-12_14-36-22.jpeg
    10.4 KB · Views: 1
I love that last image of Moen. We definitely should keep at least that natural white pillar. Can't you just see the Noldor carving that into a natural lighthouse/lookout, to be the inspiration for the future tower in Tirion?

Also, something we haven't discussed yet, is what does it look like when it comes back for the Teleri? We don't want it "dirty", like the day after a concert, but the Vanyar and Noldor will have left their marks on the island. Should the Noldor have built permanent housing that the Teleri can just move into (a la Haakon's Santorini*)? Do we want the island to have visually changed at all?

*sidebar -- I want to keep Santorini in our back pocket for Easter Eggs in Numinor (in like 20 years), since the erruption of Santorini's (then called Thera) volcano and the ensuing tidal wave on Crete is a possible origin of the Atlantis story.

Back