Search results

1. Haakon

Session 7-04: The Frame for Season 7

Maybe it could be focusing on Gandalf who is concerned about things (eruption of Mount Doom as well as Saruman withdrawing and maybe something more) and meets Estel briefly, which gives him hope.
  2. Haakon

Baragund and Belegund

He’s great, I saw him doing a fantastic portrait of John McEnroe.
  3. Haakon

What to expect - guidlines for the season.

Of course, some of this is now not as accurate as it was, since I stepped down as Casting manager. The principles of it all should still apply though.
  4. Haakon

Gorlim

Why not Adriano Tardiolo? I honestly haven't seen him act but I like his type. IMDB says he's in a Netflix film called Happy as Lazzaro but I can't find it there now, sadly. He's 24 years old.
  5. Haakon

Huan, the Hound of Valinor (Voice!)

I know this is the voice casting but did we finally decide on the Irish wolfhound? If not, I love this dog. I came across it on Twitter. It’s 87.5% Gray Wolf, 8.6% Siberian Husky, 3.9% German Shepard
  6. Haakon

Amazon series:reactions and thoughts (Spoiler alert!)

The mithril plot was really surprising and not in a good way. The Song of the battle of Hithaeglir (?) reminded me of Harry Potter but less well thought through. I really hope it turns out Celebrimbor already is under the influence of Sauron. The plan they’re having still feels weird but it...
  7. Haakon

What I’m trying to say is that the characters in a scene almost always have one clear motive and that’s what they’re seen driving at. There’s less of nuance, less of the extra behaviour that makes up life. Sure, this makes the story easier to follow perhaps but also less interesting. And I think...
  8. Haakon

I enjoy the show. I think it looks great. I want to see what’s going to happen. The casting is really good and I like most of the actors (some more than others, for sure). I’m surprised at how interesting I find some storylines, and I’m amazed at what they’ve come up with considering they’ve...
  9. Haakon

Oh sorry! Haha then by all means carry on
  10. Haakon

Question: Since there's a whole new subforum for this topic (Other Minds And Hands), should we perhaps start new threads for the actual series? This thread was started long ago (at least it feels that way) and is beginning to turn into something it wasn't to begin with, which could be a problem...
  11. Haakon

Season 6 newcomers: a list

Done!
  12. Haakon

Well I won’t say I’d love it wholeheartedly. We would miss out on Annatar arriving and doing his ‘sales pitch’.
  13. Haakon

I like the idea that Sauron is already in Eregion working on Celebrimbor. Celebrimbor seems so secretive and why would he have to have his furnace ready by spring? Sounds weird for an Elf to have such a time schedule. Someone else has a time plan I believe. Halbrand probably is what he appears...
  14. Haakon

I don’t know. That’s a question for the script team. All the scripts aren’t written.
  15. Haakon

I took a quick look at the scripts (as far as the process has been taken) to get a sense of what we're looking at casting-wise. I'd like to dedicate a thread in this subforum to listing the characters of the season that haven't already been cast. I'm talking big and small roles, but please: if...
  16. Haakon

Amazon series: reactions to news and rumours. (Spoiler alert!)

I don’t think the trailer is supposed to give us a clear sense of exactly what’s going on. The lines spoken seem to be chosen to signal emotion and passion and a sense of urgency in general. I think we have to wait for the show itself for clarity and then go bananas when they get things wrong
  17. Haakon

What do you think about the musical themes Bear McCreary has made? Galadriel’s theme Sauron’s theme I really like them. They’ve got something
  18. Haakon

Yes I join you among the casual observers then. I like what I’ve heard so far and think it sounds fine. No, more than fine.
  19. Haakon

And they do get information, so
Back