Elves

Haha I'm 6' but otherwise all Dwarf all the time. Forced perspective!

(I've got an Australian friend who is 6'3" or 6'4" and he and everyone in his town that were of that height were cast as extras in one of the Matrix sequels as stand-ins for a mob of Hugo Weavings that got digitally replaced in post)
Well... if we're talking about production team cameos... I'm 5'0'' and "not slim", so I guess I'm a hobbit or dwarf. But if I could, I would totally include "stand in for Hugo Weaving" on my resume~

The existence or non-existence of Argon will emerge during our discussions of Season 3. Right now, we just don't know.
Yeah... I guess I'm jumping the gun here... but to be honest, I don't see a role for him yet in the SilmFilm project... maybe our discussions of Season 3 will prove me wrong!

Argon's main importance is as a potential casualty. IF we need an elf who is related to the main characters to die...he would be a convenient candidate. We won't have *much* time to develop his character, but he could take part in the kinslaying and do something suitably heroic during the crossing of the Helcaraxë, only to die in battle once they reach Middle Earth. But otherwise, yeah, no, we'll cut him.

Argon's main importance is as a potential casualty. IF we need an elf who is related to the main characters to die...he would be a convenient candidate. We won't have *much* time to develop his character, but he could take part in the kinslaying and do something suitably heroic during the crossing of the Helcaraxë, only to die in battle once they reach Middle Earth. But otherwise, yeah, no, we'll cut him.
We didn't involve him in any of the Season 2 plots, did we? Otherwise, it would feel cheap to introduce and develop a new character in the beginning of Season 3... only to kill him off. I suspect Irime will fulfill the same dramatic punch as Aragon would have.

Last edited:
Speaking of Men, I think this guy could play a role. Maybe Barahir?
Michael_McElhatton.jpeg

Question: having never seen Westword (no HBO, *sigh*) how similar/dissimilar is his villain there to his Dorian Grey? Dorian is more hedonistic than we'd want Maeglin to be , but it still was interesting... if he's shown a range there, it might be promising....

On the other hand, Claflin and and Hammer are growing on me at Fingon and Turgon.

Are we bothering to cast Argon?
I haven't seen that version of Dorian Gray. EDIT: I looked at a couple of short scenes, and I got the feeling that he actually could pull off playing Maeglin as long as he restrains himself. I don't know, I guess he could do it, but he's not a personal favourite of mine.

Last edited:
I'm really looking forward to discussing casting for the sons of Fëanor. I've been thinking about Cillian Murphy as a possible candidate. He could be believeable as a son of our Nerdanel. He's 40 so it would perhaps have to be one of the older sons. upload_2017-4-3_11-0-5.jpeg

Maybe... Eddie Redmayne as...Maedhros?... That would be surprising.
If not, that could be a job for Cillian Murphy (who has dark hair, but it's a bit red, isn't it?)

Last edited:
Curufin won't appear until Fëanor has switched to Armitage, and he's supposed to be a dead-ringer for his dad, so....

Basically what I'm suggesting here is that whoever we cast as Curufin could be our young Fëanor (uncast) in S2Ep7.

Curufin won't appear until Fëanor has switched to Armitage, and he's supposed to be a dead-ringer for his dad, so....

Basically what I'm suggesting here is that whoever we cast as Curufin could be our young Fëanor (uncast) in S2Ep7.
Of course, but I do think that if we don't at least have some differences, it will be a tad confusing.

Of course, but I do think that if we don't at least have some differences, it will be a tad confusing.
We probably could use the same actor, but I agree with Nick -- we'd want to use some makeup, hair styling, and prosthetics to make him look different. Probably easier to make-up the actor as he's playing Feanor rather than Curufin, since that would be 1-2 episodes versus ... 8 seasons?

Back