Finrod

Stephen Hagan - 33 yrs, 6'2.

rty4ogIlt8RnKqmSGaN9nQkfta6.jpg

More of a stage actor - though also a film actor - and has been in a couple Broadway musicals. I like his youngish, likeable features, and think we could credibly sell him as Dan Stevens' son:

ede49881cf5f3faa42a96c0ba1ac174a.jpg Stevens (Finarfin)

Hey, I don't control how people vote...he won the ballot.

But yes, I am thinking that next season, we will likely have fewer characters to cast, and can work on building profiles before the nomination process, maybe getting the Execs to review those first so there is some criteria for selecting each actor.

Yeah that would be a good idea.

I hope you understand I’m not blaming anyone. This kind of thing happens. But it makes one wonder about the casting system. Your suggestion would be a good step in the right direction.

I do like the idea of having basic criteria for some characters. The only three I can think of are matching a character's skin color if Tolkien described it (so we don't use makeup to darken or lighten skin - this hasn't come up yet); coming more-or-less close to a character's apparent age; and posting a video of nominees singing if the character needs to sing decently. We have three characters who need to sing well, whose actors can't: Fingon, Finrod, and Melian.

Casting is seldom the biggest thing on my mind, since it's the easiest aspect of the project to headcannon away. But since we do it and vote on it, we might as well try to prevent this kind of accident. Not that we have to be obsessive about height or eye color or hair color. The Hosts seem to have requested certain things for Season 1 nominations.

We have three characters who need to sing well, whose actors can't: Fingon, Finrod, and Melian.
That’s right, I’d forgotten about Melian. We didn’t discuss singing that much during season one... Sauron is another one, perhaps. I haven’t checked.

Back