Scripts and Script Outlines for Season 4

Annael’s wife and son, who are introduced in Episode 4, still need names. My suggestions are Wendelin (one of Tolkien’s earlier names for Melian) and Elrûn (an earlier name for one of Dior’s sons). If no one has any other suggestions, I’ll go with these in the script.

I thought about Gilrin, but i've looked up wendelin and it seems to mean song-maiden, which would be perfect, if the name wasn't Quenya...but the Sindarin form of it probably would be Linwen.Elrún means eastern star, which would be perfect too... if it wasn't Noldorin... but the Sindarin Equivalent Elrhûn is very close still!

I thought about Gilrin, but i've looked up wendelin and it seems to mean song-maiden, which would be perfect, if the name wasn't Quenya...but the Sindarin form of it probably would be Linwen.Elrún means eastern star, which would be perfect too... if it wasn't Noldorin... but the Sindarin Equivalent Elrhûn is very close still!
Thanks! I’ll call them Linwen and Elrhûn.

I've gone over the first four scripts several times and edited them, mostly making minor changes to the wording of things. In a couple places. I've switched dialogue around between characters and added some new lines. I think the biggest changes are the following:

In Episode 1, I changed the reforging process so Fingolfin breaks Ringil into many smaller pieces before welding them together and reshaping his sword.

In Episode 2, I have Edhellos helping Aredhel and the other women with the grain. She won't be named, but it is a chance for her to appear on screen, and Diriel is there too. I might mention that in their conversations in Episode 8.

The more I think about it, the more I like Diriel being the besain of the Feanorian camp. This means that Caranthir's wife can't exist or can't be in Beleriand because, if she were there, she would be a female of higher status than Diriel. Maybe Caranthir's wife could be one of the Feanorians who drowns in Uinen's storm, and no one mentions her because it is a sensitive subject for Caranthir.

In Episode 3, my changes were mostly to the frame. I have Bilbo speak to the Hat Merchant and buy a hat from him. I also have Aredhel and Celegorm not taking Celeborn's warning about Nan Dungortheb seriously.

In Episode 4, I added references to Bilbo's new hat and named Annael's wife and son.

If anyone has more feedback or suggestions for the scripts, I can easily change them, and I am happy to do so.

Attachments

• S4E1ScriptV3.pdf
    780.8 KB · Views: 56
  • S4E2ScriptV2.pdf
    724.9 KB · Views: 50
  • S4E3ScriptV2.pdf
    788.9 KB · Views: 45
  • S4E4ScriptV2.pdf
    754.1 KB · Views: 43
I've gone over the first four scripts several times and edited them, mostly making minor changes to the wording of things. In a couple places. I've switched dialogue around between characters and added some new lines. I think the biggest changes are the following:

In Episode 1, I changed the reforging process so Fingolfin breaks Ringil into many smaller pieces before welding them together and reshaping his sword.

In Episode 2, I have Edhellos helping Aredhel and the other women with the grain. She won't be named, but it is a chance for her to appear on screen, and Diriel is there too. I might mention that in their conversations in Episode 8.

The more I think about it, the more I like Diriel being the besain of the Feanorian camp. This means that Caranthir's wife can't exist or can't be in Beleriand because, if she were there, she would be a female of higher status than Diriel. Maybe Caranthir's wife could be one of the Feanorians who drowns in Uinen's storm, and no one mentions her because it is a sensitive subject for Caranthir.

In Episode 3, my changes were mostly to the frame. I have Bilbo speak to the Hat Merchant and buy a hat from him. I also have Aredhel and Celegorm not taking Celeborn's warning about Nan Dungortheb seriously.

In Episode 4, I added references to Bilbo's new hat and named Annael's wife and son.

If anyone has more feedback or suggestions for the scripts, I can easily change them, and I am happy to do so.
So who should replace Diriel as besain when she gets captured?

So who should replace Diriel as besain when she gets captured?
I'm not sure. It may not be something that ever comes up, and I don't know if there is an official besain of the Feanorians as a whole anymore since they all have separate realms now. There might be a besain for each realm, in which case I think that role would be filled by the wife of the highest ranking military leader below the lord himself.

Okay, I will send Rhiannon's updated scripts and a link to the script outlines along to the Execs now, to give them a chance to read things over before the next session.

By all means, please continue to read/edit/comment, as changes can be made before the session! I just want to make sure I'm not handing them 4 scripts the night before saying 'okay, read these now'.

These aren't the final scripts I want to submit to the hosts, but I have made a few changes to Episodes 5 and 6, and I would love feedback if anyone has any on these versions.

I mostly tried to make the language better, so there are lots of small changes to dialogue. In Episode 5, I added more scenes of singing and dancing; called "Noldo Thuringwethil" "Gwilwileth," although she never mentions her name; and tried to make the reconciliation scenes at the end sound more natural. I didn't make any major changes to Episode 6.

Attachments

• S4E5ScriptV2.pdf
    271.4 KB · Views: 11
  • S4E6ScriptV2.pdf
    260.5 KB · Views: 17
Here are Episodes 5 and 6 to submit to the hosts.

I made a few more tiny changes to the dialogue. The only change I made to the story was adding a quick scene where Finrod accidentally breaks Mairon's hurdy gurdy to the montage at the end of Episode 5. Since the instrument doesn't come back into the story, I thought it would be good to show what happened to it after Finrod picks it up.

Attachments

• S4E5ScriptV3.pdf
    751.6 KB · Views: 26
  • S4E6ScriptV3.pdf
    744.5 KB · Views: 24
Here are the names I came up with for the characters in Episode 8 that still need names. The three dead bodies are names I made up based on the Sindarin words for dead. Damrod is an old name for Amrod from when Amras was called Diriel, and Flinding is an old name for Gwindor. If anyone has suggestions for better names, please let me know.

Prospector 1 - Damrod
Dead Body 1 - Gurthron
Dead Body 2 - Gwannor
Dead Body 3 - Fernwen
Noldo Prisoner 1 - Flinding

Sorry for the delay in getting these up. Here are Episodes 6-9 to send to the hosts for this week's session. I made a few changes to the dialogue and scene order in Episode 6 based on Nick's suggestions. If we do get to discussing the Dagor Aglareb, I think it might help for the hosts to see this map I made of the movement of the different forces. This is the version of Episode 9 where Angrod is killed by a Balrog. If the hosts have any issues with it, I'll mention that there is an alternate script.

Attachments

• S4E7ScriptV3.pdf
    317.7 KB · Views: 29
  • S4E6ScriptV4.pdf
    329.7 KB · Views: 25
  • S4E8ScriptV3.pdf
    342.8 KB · Views: 29
  • S4E9ScriptV3.pdf
    333.6 KB · Views: 21
Here are the scripts to submit for this week's discussion. I've been pretty busy and haven't had as much time to proofread them as I would like, so I apologize for any typos.

I made some pretty big changes to Episode 9, which I'll post about in the thread for that episode. The changes I made to Episodes 10 and 11 were mostly just minor tweaks to the language or adding and removing a few lines of dialogue to make shorter scenes longer and longer scenes shorter.

Attachments

• S4E9V5.pdf
    324.5 KB · Views: 34
  • S4E10ScriptV3.pdf
    362.2 KB · Views: 23
  • S4E11ScriptV3.pdf
    323.5 KB · Views: 27
Back