Concerns about season 5

I don’t think boredom will be an issue next season, with Aredhel, escape from Angband and the arrival of the short lived Men, and Aegnor and Andreth.

I do kind of like the idea of the Annael story being a bit more low key though. (But I can’t see what makes my idea incompatible with what is written so far, there I must disagree)

Huan has had a faceoff with Glaurung at this point. Does that count? :)
Well yeah I guess... :) I mean, certainly, if it made Huan look like a foe of a special quality, important enough to make Morgoth want a dog just like him... No, actually, perhaps the prophecy in combination with any appearance is reason enough for Morgoth to breed The Biggest Wolf ever seen.

Ok I’ll try to elaborate a bit: Morgoth knows about the prophesy, I assume. He doesn’t know the timing of it or exactly how it is going to play out. He has noticed that the Hound is in Middle-earth, and that it is a threat of some kind to his servants. He doesn’t know how big the threat is. What I’m really wondering is, what is the event that makes Morgoth act? What makes him think ok this has gone too far, this Hound has done too much damage, I’m going to create the beast that will kill him now.

Ok I’ll try to elaborate a bit: Morgoth knows about the prophesy, I assume. He doesn’t know the timing of it or exactly how it is going to play out. He has noticed that the Hound is in Middle-earth, and that it is a threat of some kind to his servants. He doesn’t know how big the threat is. What I’m really wondering is, what is the event that makes Morgoth act? What makes him think ok this has gone too far, this Hound has done too much damage, I’m going to create the beast that will kill him now.
I think it’s when he hears of Huan beating Sauron.

Where would you propose him being in the works? The text says that Morgoth began work on Carcharoth after hearing of Sauron’s defeat.

Ah, I misunderstood. I thought you meant Carcharoth didn't exist until then.

Um. I can say that given that will be maybe an episode or two later, it might seem weird to viewers. All stuff that will come up during S06.

It seems that we either a) have to find another triggering event, or b) accept or deal with a short period of time in which Morgoth feeds Carcaroth and turns him into a big beast.

It seems that we either a) have to find another triggering event, or b) accept or deal with a short period of time in which Morgoth feeds Carcaroth and turns him into a big beast.
Well, we could turn the short period of time into an indicator that Morgoth infused him with his own power.

Straying a bit...Is this going to be the season Goldberry is introduced?
Possibly; I've never given much thought to her.

Chanting? I really want him to feed the creature with sorcerously warped flesh by his own hands...

I almost wanted to say chanting magic is for the good guys, but of course Sauron does sind magic songs and Melkor's cacaphony is a kind of chant too...

Chanting? I really want him to feed the creature with sorcerously warped flesh by his own hands...

I almost wanted to say chanting magic is for the good guys, but of course Sauron does sind magic songs and Melkor's cacaphony is a kind of chant too...
The inspiration I had was what Morgoth did when he put the SoBD on Edhellos, which I believe was chanting.

I remember that i once suggested Morgoth might feed creatures on some drops of his blood to warp them, to symbolize that he is transferring actual energy... but that was rejected.I guess that blood thing is kind of hoaky nowadays in our pop-vampyric age.But feeding with bloody flesh could still work i believe...

Perhaps, kind of like Glaurung, we could keep Carcharoth's appearance secret until he is actually part of the story. When we have a scene of Morgoth in his throne room, we just show him placing some flesh beneath his throne and something in the darkness takes it and devours it. Then, we would not need to concretely answer when Morgoth began work on Carcharoth or show him picking a puppy or a random wolf or something.

Back