Concerns about season 5

The only time that has been done is with Glaurung. It has left a host of unanswered questions which will have to be answered in this season.
I don’t think we have to answer all of them, but I think one worth answering is how he broke out of Angband before he was ready.

I don’t think we have to answer all of them, but I think one worth answering is how he broke out of Angband before he was ready.
Honestly, I don't think we need to answer how Glaurung broke out. We should establish that he wasn't ready when he did so, but that can be done by someone remarking that Glaurung is now more powerful than when he last went forth from Angband and maybe hinting about Glaurung's disobedience.

Although Episode 13 of Season 4 contains the fight with Glaurung, it ends with a montage of time passing up to Finrod's discovery of Men. Unless we do some kind of weird flashback, I don't see any reason for the villains to still be talking about that time a hundred years ago when Glaurung escaped.

The only time that has been done is with Glaurung. It has left a host of unanswered questions which will have to be answered in this season.

Oh, i could mention how we suddenly showed up with Boldog like from out of nowhere and i could find some more examples if i would be looking for them...

What did we develop first for Glaurung? I've suggested a multi-stage approach; he can breathe fire when he first appears, by the Dagor Bragollach he's a commander of armies and by the time of the Fall of Nargothrond he's developed hypnotic powers. The idea is that he gets progressively more dangerous as time goes on.

What did we develop first for Glaurung? I've suggested a multi-stage approach; he can breathe fire when he first appears, by the Dagor Bragollach he's a commander of armies and by the time of the Fall of Nargothrond he's developed hypnotic powers. The idea is that he gets progressively more dangerous as time goes on.
Glaurung uses his hypnotic powers when he first appears in Episode 13 of Season 4. He also breathes fire. We’ve held off revealing is his ability to speak, and he will of course be bigger and stronger the next time he appears.

Glaurung uses his hypnotic powers when he first appears in Episode 13 of Season 4. He also breathes fire. We’ve held off revealing is his ability to speak, and he will of course be bigger and stronger the next time he appears.
He'll also figure out how to plan strategy and lead troops in the meantime.

I also anticipate that we'll need a relatively introductory list if we focus on five main events: the coming of Men into the West, the council of dissent in 369 F.A., the attack on the House of Haleth, the romance of Aegnor and Andreth, and the Dagor Bragollach.

• Elves
    • Maeglin: Son of Eol and Aredhel, nephew of Turgon, desired Idril
    • Finduilas: Daughter of Orodreth and Meril; betrothed of Gwindor, executed by Orcs in Brethil in the aftermath of the Fall of Nargothrond in 495-496 F.A. . Physical appearance: likely blonde since she's of Finarfin's line and those who were of Finarfin's line had blond hair until Celebrian
    • Gil-galad: Son of Orodreth and Meril, became King of the Noldor after the death of Turgon in the Fall of Gondolin, a position he held until 3441 S.A. when he was KIA in the Last Alliance by Sauron. Title ceased to exist upon his death as he had no issue. Physical Appearance: blond since he's of Finarfin's line
    • Egalmoth: a Lord of Gondolin who accompanied Glorfindel and Ecthelion on Idril's ill-fated journey; made distinct by his curved sword, killed in the Third Kinslaying
  • Men
    • House of Beor: Physical Appearance: Dark hair, varying heights, Noldoresque
      • Beor: Leader of the first group of Men into Beleriand (note: not the First Men)
      • Bereg the Dissenter; leads 1,000 Adan out of Beleriand
      • Andreth the wise-woman, beloved of Aegnor; might need two actresses
      • Bregolas; Head of the House of Beor by the Dagor Bragollach; grandfather of Morwen and Rian, KIA in the Dagor Bragollach
      • Barahir: younger brother of Bregolas, takes command of the last of the House of Beor; Killed 460 F.A. by Gorgol
      • Emeldir: wife of Barahir, mother of Beren
      • Beren: son of Barahir, sole survivor of the Band of 12, husband of Luthien, father of Dior; Camlost, Erchamion,
      • Other members of Barahir's band; resisted Morgoth in Dorthonion for four years
        • Dagnir
        • Ragnor
        • Radhruin
        • Dairuin
        • Gildor
        • Gorlim the Unhappy
        • Urthel
        • Belegund and Baragund; sons of Bregolas
    • House of Haleth: Phenotype: short, most likely dark-haired
      • Haldar: Father of Haleth, KIA 375 F.A.
      • Haldad: Son of Haldar, KIA 375 F.A.
      • Haleth: Daughter of Haldar, leads her people to Brethil
    • House of Marach or Hador: Blond, tall, blue-eyes (unless you're Turin)
      • Marach: Founder of the House of Hador
      • Amlach (fake Dissenter); impersonated at the council, reaffirms support for the Elves
      • Hador: Head of the House of Hador at the Dagor Bragollach; KIA
      • Gundor: Second son of Hador, KIA in the Dagor Bragollach
      • Galdor: the Tall; eldest son of Hador, father of Hurin and Huor; succeeds his father as Head of the House of Hador; KIA in F.A. 462
      • Hurin and Huor; sons of Galdor; Hurin is short, Huor is tall. Fostered in Brethil, rescued by the Eagles and were entrusted with the location of Gondolin.
  • Other
    • Gorgol the Butcher: an Orc captain under Sauron

Last edited:
So back when this thread was opened, @Alcarohtar expressed some apprehension about what events we'll cover this season. I've been focusing on four significant events where we'll have large numbers of named Men, plus Aegnor and Andreth. They are:
  • the Coming of Men
  • the dissent led by Bereg
  • the Battle of the Gelion-Ascar Stockade (where Haldad and Haldar are killed)
  • the Dagor Bragollach, which will close this season with the fall of Fingolfin.
What other events do we want to cover?

Back