Cast List for Season 5

Any thoughts on when to introduce Voronwë? He should be a person in the same circle as Pengolodh and Galdor of the Tree.

Any thoughts on when to introduce Voronwë? He should be a person in the same circle as Pengolodh and Galdor of the Tree.
The latest we can introduce him is after the Nirnaeth, as it’s mentioned that he was one of the Elves sent by Turgon to find a way back to Valinor after the Nirnaeth. Other than that, he could be introduced at any point before that.

Sure, but is that when you want to introduce him? You could as easily say: The earliest we can introduce him would have been in season 4, in Nevrast or during the move to Gondolin. I'm more interested in your ideas than in the limitations.

I think it would be nice to introduce him some time before the Nirnaeth, to invest some emotion in him before he goes. But it's fine that we haven't seen him yet, since he probably won't be relevant for a while. I guess we could say he's around, but he should perhaps not be included in casting this season - or should he? (I'm beginning to think he could just be introduced in the Nirnaeth, that would probably be fine)

Sure, but is that when you want to introduce him? You could as easily say: The earliest we can introduce him would have been in season 4, in Nevrast or during the move to Gondolin. I'm more interested in your ideas than in the limitations.

I think it would be nice to introduce him some time before the Nirnaeth, to invest some emotion in him before he goes. But it's fine that we haven't seen him yet, since he probably won't be relevant for a while. I guess we could say he's around, but he should perhaps not be included in casting this season - or should he? (I'm beginning to think he could just be introduced in the Nirnaeth, that would probably be fine)
We could introduce him when Aredhel returns to Gondolin with Maeglin.

We could introduce him when Aredhel returns to Gondolin with Maeglin.
Interesting! What do you suggest he'd do? I see him as a relative of Galdor, but that's not necessary. He could be Pengolodh's sidekick, or they both could be Galdor's hangarounds.

Interesting! What do you suggest he'd do? I see him as a relative of Galdor, but that's not necessary. He could be Pengolodh's sidekick, or they both could be Galdor's hangarounds.
It's difficult to say, since The Hosts could easily say that if he's going to be a sidekick or hangaround it might not be worth casting. But if there's a role I think he could fit, it could be with managing the communication in and out of Gondolin.

I don't know that I'd describe the Frame characters as 'mixed race'. They are Haradrim with Numenorean ancestry, but the influence from Númenor was 3,000 years ago at this point. Whatever traits were introduced are well-blended and ubiquitous at this point, I would think! In other words, we're not really depicting a 'Numenorean' ruling class and a 'Haradrim' townsfolk type of dynamic. It may have been that way during the Second Age, but...that was a very long time and many generations ago.

The Casting Criteria Session will be on January 29th, and the thread is now open to discuss the cast list and criteria for the characters there.

I don't know that I'd describe the Frame characters as 'mixed race'. They are Haradrim with Numenorean ancestry, but the influence from Númenor was 3,000 years ago at this point. Whatever traits were introduced are well-blended and ubiquitous at this point, I would think! In other words, we're not really depicting a 'Numenorean' ruling class and a 'Haradrim' townsfolk type of dynamic. It may have been that way during the Second Age, but...that was a very long time and many generations ago.

The Casting Criteria Session will be on January 29th, and the thread is now open to discuss the cast list and criteria for the characters there.
There’s still some cultural elements remaining, since the Haradrim family uses Aduanic names.

He is a pretty young elf isn't he? If he was born at Nevrast and grew up in Gondolin and maybe, just maybe, during Tuor's time there fathered a son of similar Age to Earendil... (Littleheart)

I guess I’m disappointed.
I understand! But a couple of them are just postponed, I believe. At least I think Galdor should probably be cast next season. And there's no reason to rule out casting Penlod at some point.

Back