Barahir

I really like him☺. THOUGH I don’t think of him as a hugely versatile actor. He generally plays people that outwardly present a lot of swagger and are wise-crackers, which I don’t necessarily see Barahir as. Perhaps he can do more but I’m not sure I’ve seen it

Well he certainly has a particular style and the good thing about that is that he’s able to make viewers like his characters instantly. He would make Barahir a memorable character.

He’s certainly charismatic. If I had to define him it’s charismatic. His performances in His Dark Materials and Hamilton both show he can play a person you’d follow to the ends of the earth.

That’s more or less what the role requires. I would also argue that his personality fits perfectly with an Emeldir who Corey wants to be ‘scary’.

Gina Carano? Lol gonna keep pushing for her. The pair of them could play a really fun dynamic

The one thing I could say against him is that he’s rather modern in his expression, and this could feel out of place in Middle-earth.

Barahir should have a 'dashing' side to him. He's a warrior from a traditionally non-warrior people, and so he has to have that bold side of him to have embraced their new lifestyle. And he saves Finrod, which is a heroic action that would not happen at all if he weren't a risk-taking leader.

As for Lin-Manuel Miranda, he has done a period piece that was not intended to be modern - Mary Poppins Returns is set in 1930's London.

I am not sure that Barahir is a role that would require any singing, but I don't think we need 'save' him for a singing role, either.

Manuel Garcia-Rulfo
Height: 6’3”
Roles: Vasquez in The Magnificent Seven, Biniamino Marquez in Murder on the Orient Express, Javier/Three in Six Underground
Typically plays a comic-relief character who is nonetheless good at what he does.
ManuelGarcia-Rulfo.jpg

43aa96218431c751a1a5e9a68d4e76a2.png

Back