First Mouth of Sauron

Ah I didn’t remember. Why is that. Is she supposed to be not physically imposing so her voice is her power? Is that the idea?

Ah I didn’t remember. Why is that. Is she supposed to be not physically imposing so her voice is her power? Is that the idea?
I'm not sure, maybe it's some kind of sign that her body isn't important because she's into this dark, spiritual journey which is a bit masochistic in nature.. I guess? Also, it's supposed to be a contrast to the queen, who has more comfort weight.

Got it. Just good to have that direction.

I took a punt on ages as I wasn’t sure where her character had been discussed so didn’t know if we were looking for an older calculation type advancing with time (Littlefinger, classic Jafar) or a young up and comer eager for power (Ramsey Bolton, new Jafar)

Got it. Just good to have that direction.

I took a punt on ages as I wasn’t sure where her character had been discussed so didn’t know if we were looking for an older calculation type advancing with time (Littlefinger, classic Jafar) or a young up and comer eager for power (Ramsey Bolton, new Jafar)
@Haakon and I had some discussion about that earlier in this thread, what with starting with an ambitious up-and-comer (I suggested Sophie Turner) and Haakon suggested someone like Olivia Wilde or Charlize Theron to give an air of the Mouth being more experienced.

Another suggestion could be Zoe Saldana.
zoe-saldana-star-trek-4.jpg

Last edited:
T'Nia Miller played Housekeeper Hannah Grose in the Haunting of Bly Manor. I don't think I've seen her in anything else. In that, she's very likable and personable...but at the same time something is *clearly* wrong. So, she manages to deliver an unsettling performance despite having very motherly and positive dialogue. From her very first appearance, you get the idea that there is more going on with her, and that she'd tied into a whole spiritual realm the people she's interacting with don't see.

I am not sure she's exactly what I have in mind for the Mouth of Sauron, but I would prefer something subtle to a performance that screamed 'this person is evil and not to be trusted.' Since the Mouth of Sauron is a relatively minor role (supporting character in the Frame), infusing the performance with a sense of mystery and hidden power from the beginning would be a good move.

1612418527847.png

She was great in Hotel Rwanda, The Escape Artist, Criminal and Undercover. I highly recommend all four

If we’re banking towards an ambitious up-and-comer, there’s Alexandra Shipp.
Height: 5’6”
She was Storm in X-Men: Apocalypse and Dark Phoenix, played half a serial killer duo in Tragedy Girls, and appeared in the latest Shaft film.
alexandra-shipp_storm.jpg

I was looking at her the other day and nearly threw her name into the ring. She is very good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back