Frequently Asked Questions for the Silmarillion Film Project

What they did so far was put together a team of experienced writers for tv shows, they got people who were involved in 13 reasons why, violet, toy story, star wars rebels, game of thrones, star trek discovery, gray, flash gordon, star trek beyond, the strain, breaking bad, stranger things, cloverfield, the sopranos, nypd blue...

We will see in how far these professionals do get well acquainted with the source material, in how much they do care or create something entirely new with only some selected tolkienian motifs, in how far Tolkien experts working on the show were really involved with descicion making or just to point out look for possible problems to ship around.

What they did so far was put together a team of experienced writers for tv shows, they got people who were involved in 13 reasons why, violet, toy story, star wars rebels, game of thrones, star trek discovery, gray, flash gordon, star trek beyond, the strain, breaking bad, stranger things, cloverfield, the sopranos, nypd blue...

We will see in how far these professionals do get well acquainted with the source material, in how much they do care or create something entirely new with only some selected tolkienian motifs, in how far Tolkien experts working on the show were really involved with descicion making or just to point out look for possible problems to ship around.
Hopefully a nice balance down the middle. We shall see, I suppose

Hey guys, could anyone tell me where I can find the final scripts for seasons 1-5? I would love to read them.
Every end of the year I tend to reread the works of Legendarium, this year I thought about reading them a little differently. :)

Hey guys, could anyone tell me where I can find the final scripts for seasons 1-5? I would love to read them.
Every end of the year I tend to reread the works of Legendarium, this year I thought about reading them a little differently. :)

@Octoburn generously compiled a lot of this information here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1D13aFP7Sy1URYynBG4eLDqofrQp00bQc?usp=sharing

Season 1 only has a couple of incomplete scripts. Script writing in earnest didn't start until Season 4, and there are a few up for Season 5.

There are more than are in that folder, I believe. I can track some of the missing ones down and give links to the posts where the documents are linked.
That would be awesome. I tracked down all the ones I knew of and a few MithLuin pointed me to. I know there are a few that are incomplete, that's why they are not yet included. Except the newest ones. I just haven't gotten around to those yet:cool:

That would be awesome. I tracked down all the ones I knew of and a few MithLuin pointed me to. I know there are a few that are incomplete, that's why they are not yet included. Except the newest ones. I just haven't gotten around to those yet:cool:

Right, the S01E03 script that is in the folder is still missing the frame scenes, while the S01E01 script still has a lot of fleshing out to make it an hour of TV.

Right, the S01E03 script that is in the folder is still missing the frame scenes, while the S01E01 script still has a lot of fleshing out to make it an hour of TV.
Is 1.03 your script? Theres no credit on it, and I've gone and forgotten.

From the beginning; well, when I started listening, anyways; so, from 2 years ago, I disliked the hosts' approach to the opening episode of the series, for a plethora of reasons. But that's a whole other discussion...

Is 1.03 your script? Theres no credit on it, and I've gone and forgotten.

From the beginning; well, when I started listening, anyways; so, from 2 years ago, I disliked the hosts' approach to the opening episode of the series, for a plethora of reasons. But that's a whole other discussion...

I think the S01E03 script was Atanvarno's. The pilot was mine. The one we did the reading of at Mythmoot IV.

I do wonder if the producers would at any point (eg at the end of the First Age?) like to take a hiatus from pushing the series forward, and allow time for going back and trying to fill in some of the earlier gaps. I think it unlikely, though...

Back