The (Unofficial) SilmFilm Organization Project©

Here are some family trees for the Edain:

So I made a few more family trees. Do we need any others? Suggestions for improvements on these?

Attachments

• House of Feanor.pdf
    119 KB · Views: 6
  • House of Fingolfin and Finarfin.pdf
    136.9 KB · Views: 4
  • House of Hador.pdf
    107.2 KB · Views: 5
  • House of Haleth.pdf
    178.9 KB · Views: 3
  • House of Bëor.pdf
    252.6 KB · Views: 3
Ah, true - he'll be born in Season 7, so I should add him. Thanks!

Updated House of Haleth attached.

Attachments

• House of Haleth.pdf
    192.1 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Would it be more helpful to separate out the houses of Fingolfin and Finarfin?

Attachments

• House of Fingolfin.pdf
    58.7 KB · Views: 2
  • House of Finarfin.pdf
    100.8 KB · Views: 2
Casting List added to the Drive - this way, people will easily be able to check if someone they'd like to nominate is one of the 150 actors already cast in the show.

Another attempt at a character sheet for this project.

Díriel
Group(s): Fëanorean, Prisoners of Angband
Titles/Aliases: Besain of the Fëanorean camp at Lake Mithrim
Seasons: 2-6
Parents: Noldor (unnamed)
Family Tree: See attached
Significant items: She puts her craftsman 'mark' inside the armor that she makes for Angband
Adaptational decisions: Tolkien gave Curufin a son (Celebrimbor), and thus implied that Curufin had a wife. In Silm Film, she has been given the name Díriel, and her story is wholly invented for Silm Film as well.
Casting: Oona Chaplin (cast in Season 4)

Biography: Díriel marries Curufin in the Noontide of Valinor, and they have a son named Celebrimbor. Díriel chooses to travel with her husband and son into exile first in Formenos, and later in Beleriand. She supports them in their endeavors, though she is not always in agreement with Curufin's harsher plots. She admires Fëanor as a skilled craftsman and Like her husband and son, she is a craftsman. She is taken captive by Morgoth's forces while gathering supplies in a quarry/mine, and her son fails to rescue her, despite a heroic journey to Angband on her behalf. While a prisoner of Angband, she takes part in a failed escape attempt. Afterwards, she witnesses the Spell of Bottomless Dread being placed on Edhellos by Morgoth, and decides to swear allegiance to Angband rather than allow the other prisoners to suffer the same fate. From then on, she is treated as a go-between between the enslaved elves and the orcs commanding them. Due to her oath, she is unable to directly aid in attempts at defiance or escape, but she does indirectly aid Rhogrin's escape attempt by providing a distraction when they are discovered. When Guilin and the other prisoners from Nargothrond captured during the Dagor Bragollach meet Díriel, they are shocked by her level of collaboration with their captors. She has fallen quite fall, though it is still her goal to save some, and to bide her time so that her one act of free will matters. When she sees the silmaril shining in the darkness of Angband, she knows that helping it to be free is the act of defiance she was waiting for. She is mortally wounded in a skirmish between prisoners and guards when Beren and Lúthien escape Angband.

Season 2: E11: With young Celebrimbor and Curufin in exile in Formenos
E12: Upset when Fëanor strikes 'teenage' Celebrimbor
Season 3: Joins the Rebellion of the Noldor, with Curufin and Fëanor aboard the ship to Middle-earth, survives to the encampment at Lake Mithrim
Season 4: Shares bread and food supplies with the encampment of Fingolfin at Lake Mithrim. Removes to East Beleriand with the other Fëanoreans. Does not attend the Mereth Aderthad. Made captive in S04E08 "The Spell of Bottomless Dread"
Season 5: S05E06 Aids Rhogrin in his escape attempt
Season 6: S06E10 Tries to train Guilin in the realities of harsh life for Angband slaves. Chooses to break her oath of loyalty to Angband in order to help the silmaril escape. Dies in the fighting; Guilin hears her last words.

Attachments

• Fëanor Family Tree.pdf
    37.8 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Another example (same format, with a few additions):

Eärwen
Group(s): Teleri
Titles/Aliases: Swan-maiden of Alqualondë
Seasons: 2-3
Parents: Olwë and his wife
Spouse: Finarfin
Children: Finrod, Angrod, Aegnor, Galadriel
Family Tree: See attached
Significant items: bow
Adaptational decisions: Killed at the Kinslaying at Alqualondë fighting on the side of the Teleri
Description: Hair like silver starlight
Casting: Holliday Grainger (cast in Season 2)

Biography: Eärwen and her brothers were born in Valinor, the children of Olwë, lord of the Teleri of Alqualondë, and his wife. She married Finarfin, youngest child of Finwë and Indis. Their children grew up splitting time between Tirion with the Noldor and Alqualondë with the Teleri. She was friends with Anarië (Fingolfin's wife). When the unrest of the Noldor came to a head, she sought to warn her father in Alqualondë of the rebellion of the Noldor against the Valar. When Olwë refused to give the swanships to Fëanor and fighting broke out, Eärwen led a contingent of bowmen to the natural arch over the harbor. Their goal was to prevent any of the ships from leaving the harbor, and they began firing upon the Noldor after Fëanor killed Olwë with a spear. Eärwen was herself killed when Noldor advanced on her position from both sides (Fëanoreans under Maedhros on one side, other Noldor lead by Fingolfin on the other). She fell from the arch into the harbor. Galadriel, who was on the shore, saw her fall and swam out to rescue her. Galadriel brought her mother's body ashore. Finarfin, who was not present at the Kinslaying, was heartbroken to see Alqualondë and his wife's dead body in the aftermath. She will perhaps be released from the Halls of Mandos and reborn in Valinor some day.

Season 2: supporting character in scenes with adult Finarfin towards the end of the season (including Episode 10, where Fëanor is banished)
Season 3: appears in episodes 1-2

Attachments

• Thingol Family Tree.pdf
    19.1 KB · Views: 2
  • House of Finarfin.pdf
    100.8 KB · Views: 0
So, here's an example of a Character Sheet Template that could be used for this project. I'm not too sure about the Dead/Alive status, as that is something that would need to be updated in later seasons for some characters. But, hopefully something like this could be helpful for generating a series of similiarly-formated documents that could eventually be reached by links on a website?

Here's an example of the blank template filled in. I didn't bother writing up the full biography, as it would likely be quite lengthy for this character.

Any feedback concerning information that should be on a character sheet, or improvements that can be made to this?

Hello, guys and gals!

Sorry for the inactivity for the last 6 months to a year. I've had a pretty rough year. But, I need to get back in the saddle.

With the couple of months hiatus between seasons 6 and 7, I would really like to do some catching up on the Organization aspect of SilmFilm.

Anyone willing to lend a hand, feel more than free to send MithLuin or I a message and we will gladly accept any help.

Arnorian did some session notes for season 6 in my absence, but they seem to have not been here in over a month, so I don't know if they're available to help.

A few things we could really use, in (my) order of importance:

Season Outlines/Synopses. A single document for each season that would have a paragraph or three synopsis for each episode. Not as big as the outlines, but enough to show who is in each episode and what they are doing. Something like you would find in a "list of episodes" page on Wikipedia.

Script outline improvements. Not improvements per se, but making them more... accessible to those coming in from the outside of the project. Talked with MithLuin about it a bit, and she agrees that many of the outlines are written in a shorthand that occasionally only those on the writing team fully know what is meant.

Session notes. There are quite a few done, but many many not done. Arnorian was working on this season's notes, but haven't heard from them in a while. I may start at the beginning and start filling in some of the gaps.

Character profiles.

A "Slides" (Google's version of PowerPoint) file for each location, with art, photos, notes from Corey and such from the discussions on locations for each location.

These last two are luxuries at this point, but the first 3 are pretty high in necessity to make the Organization Project truly accessible to anyone who wants to discover something about SilmFilm.

Last edited:
Hello, guys and gals!

Sorry for the inactivity for the last 6 months to a year. I've had a pretty rough year. But, I need to get back in the saddle.

With the couple of months hiatus between seasons 6 and 7, I would really like to do some catching up on the Organization aspect of SilmFilm.

Anyone willing to lend a hand, feel more than free to send MithLuin or I a message and we will gladly accept any help.

Arnorian did some session notes for season 6 in my absence, but they seem to have not been here in over a month, so I don't know if they're available to help.

A few things we could really use, in (my) order of importance:

Season Outlines/Synopses. A single document for each season that would have a paragraph or three synopsis for each episode. Not as big as the outlines, but enough to show who is in each episode and what they are doing. Something like you would find in a "list of episodes" page on Wikipedia.

Script outline improvements. Not improvements per se, but making them more... accessible to those coming in from the outside of the project. Talked with MithLuin about it a bit, and she agrees that many of the outlines are written in a shorthand that occasionally only those on the writing team fully know what is meant.

Session notes. There are quite a few done, but many many not done. Arnorian was working on this season's notes, but haven't heard from them in a while. I may start at the beginning and start filling in some of the gaps.

Character profiles.

A "Slides" (Google's version of PowerPoint) file for each location, with art, photos, notes from Corey and such from the discussions on locations for each location.

These last two are luxuries at this point, but the first 3 are pretty high in necessity to make the Organization Project truly accessible to anyone who wants to discover something about SilmFilm.
I'd be happy to lend a hand.

Yes, help would be appreciated here! As it is, the script outlines are generated 'live' during the script discussions, and often they have not been edited after. All of the script outline documents SHOULD be open to editing, so if anyone has a chance to read them over, something as simple as highlighting or commenting on a confusing part would be a great help in making the document more understandable to someone who has not listened to the script discussion. Edits can be made directly in the document, or suggestions/comments can be left to suggest improvements.

For an example of what can/has been done, one can compare the script outlines from Season 3 (which were edited for detail and clarity) to the later, more stream-of-consciousness work done in Seasons 4-6. The efforts of the script team have shifted to editing scripts, so the script outlines have been (mostly) left in rough draft format.

For those wishing to produce new documents rather than work on editing existing ones, I would suggest the 'synopsis' project, where each episode is described so someone can go back and figure out what happens when. Think back to episode descriptions in TV guides, with no need to keep them quite so succinct! Focus on the storylines of the episode, without worrying about a scene-by-scene breakdown.

Family Tree updates! Settled on a death date for Galdor (464) and birth dates for Túrin and Lalaith (slight shift - he is born one year later in Silm Film, and she is born 2 years later in Silm Film than in Tolkien's chronology). Emeldir's death will likely fall in the 464-468 range, but I will have to wait until we've done more work on Episodes 4 and 5 of Season 7 to pin that down more definitively.

House of Hador
1708189738481.png

House of Haleth:
1708189931608.png

Last edited:
Back