Moria!

Sporozc09

My two highest level toons (L60 LM and L59 Guardian) are both at the perfect level for running the Moria instances, so I would *love* to get a group together to do them. I've done a few of them, usually with at least one capped character along destroying everything in sight. Tackling them with a full on-level group would be a lot more fun, so that's what I'm hoping for. As I posted in the "list your toons" thread, I'm typically online most evenings (server time), although my availability can vary pretty widely based on my wife's work schedule and how busy my PhD program is keeping me.

Sooooo, anyone who has toons in the level 57-62 range and is interested in doing some or all the Moria instances together, reply here so we can plan it! :D

That is me Simon. Two toons at Lv 60 who have just gotten out of Moria (have not been sent back in by those pesky elves yet), and I am planning on sticking around for a bit to get that group content done. Your evenings are my middle of the day and I work odd hours, so I have that time free sometimes. I know that Trish has often said she has some alts in Moria too and is wanting to do the Instances on those alts.

Simon, are you looking at this as a one-off type of thing, or as a regularly scheduled 'event' over the coming weeks or even months? Bearing in mind there are some regularly scheduled weekly events already on the calendar (Tuesday evenings being by far the most obvious at the moment), where during the given week do you see this falling?

If you haven't already, I'd suggest checking out the excellent calendar function we have available, because it shows the list of events already going on. There is plenty of open space to make this a more regular effort if you'd like, even to expand the options beyond just Moria - as there's good material just before and after. Thoughts?

Last edited:
Simon, are you looking at this as a one-off type of thing, or as a regularly scheduled 'event' over the coming weeks or even months? Bearing in mind there are some regularly scheduled weekly events already on the calendar (Tuesday evenings being by far the most obvious at the moment), where during the given week do you see this falling?

Trish, I'm not sure what sort of calendar function/s we have available, but I think we may want to start trying to put something together along those lines that includes some group functions like this, to give some definition for Mythgard in-game events (even just one-off ones). Thoughts?

I hadn't thought of it in terms of one-off or long term exactly, although now that you brought it up, I guess what I was envisioning was more of a hybrid: getting a mostly consistent group together to work through the Moria instances more or less on level, however long it takes us, and with reschedulings/substitutions for those who can't make a particular attempt. I had somewhat assumed that any given session would probably only be enough time for one instance, at most, and from what I've heard some of the Moria instances can be pretty tough, so it might take multiple attempts to sort out beating them.

I hadn't thought at all about conflicting with other Mythgard events, although I had just assumed that we would do our best to work around them given that the people who would be interested in this are also likely to be interested in those other events. For example, I plan to be at as many of the Tuesday evening courses as possible, so I wouldn't want to be trying to tackle Moria instances at the same time. The kin Google calendar currently has "Pick-up Adventures" for Friday evenings, which is generally pretty casual, so I wouldn't see a problem with this being combined with that or happening at the same time (i.e. Friday - Mythgard Pick Up Adventures: a group will be tackling a Moria instance or two, more or less on level, others will be doing the featured instance, other options can be discussed and decided upon whoever shows up, etc.)

Follow-up: Who is available and interested in running a Moria instance or two this Friday night? 8:30 or 9 PM Server time?

I will try and be on at that time, I should have a toon or 2 that should be close to the level needed. Will look for ya in game or on Discord

I'll have to sit this one out as I am working at that time, but keep posting. I am sure I'll catch you all on a different week.

Sorry I had to bail at the last minute last week. I'm not sure what my schedule / availability looks like for this week yet, but I hope I'll be around. If you see me in game (most likely on Froring, Cirthilnir, or Ohlorein), feel free to shoot me a tell. :)

Had a great time last night, even if if we didn't defeat the Caerlûg. Having an inexperienced healer didn't help, I'm sure. I'll be losing some time at work today reading up on the Rune Keeper and their healing powers ;).

One problem I ran into was with my fellowship panel. Froring was at the top, with Philmen underneath. All of the buffs/debuffs on Froring covered up Philmen's health bar, which made it hard to keep track of where heals should be going. Anyone have any ideas on how to improve that?

Edit: spell names correctly.

Last edited:
Thanks for joining last night! It was fun! I used to have that problem with the buff and debuffs too, and there are a couple different ways you can go about tackling it.

1. In the options menu (under social options, I think), you can select showing only certain kinds of effects (dispellable, cast by me, etc.). That will clear up some of the effects, so they hopefully, won't cover the morale bar of the next fellowship member. I think there might also be an option to choose which stats to display for your fellowship members, but I'm not sure.

2. Also in the options menu (pretty sure under User Interface options), you can rearrange where different parts of the UI appear on your screen, so you can move where the morale bars for different members of the fellowship appear so that there is enough space that the effects don't cause this problem.

3. Use a higher screen resolution? What fixed it for me was playing using a full sized monitor instead of my laptop screen since it's bigger, which allowed me to use a higher resolution and have enough space between fellowship member's stats that the effects are almost never a problem.

One thing we could have done last night too is that I could have put both Froring and Philmen as assist targets since the target assist window shows the morale and power bars of the player character(s) in it. That would only really work in a 3 man group, though.

Wasn't there for this run, but in regard to your issue with not seeing the moral bars of fellowship....Sporozc09's first suggestion is the one I think will work the best for you, that and the fellowship assist panel one also. The assist panel must be enabled for you to see it, you can do this in your social panel, under the raid tab, just check the box about show assist target, (or something like that). The way to rearrange your screens UI is actually turned on and off by pressing your right CTRL key and the \ key. This will light up you monitor with everything that you can move around to your hearts content, it is a great feature and one I recommend to everyone to explore. It will unfortunately not make it possible for you to separate your fellowship members further apart. it will only let you move the whole group where you want to. I will let you move separate fellowships if you are in a raid, to where you want however.

Hope this helps

The way to rearrange your screens UI is actually turned on and off by pressing your right CTRL key and the \ key.
The only contribution I feel qualified to make to this discussion :p is to point out that on a UK-layout keyboard this is actually <CTRL># (on other layouts I think it's whatever key is just to the left of the <RETURN> key on the "JKL" row) and it took me the longest time to figure this out…seriously I wondered whether it wasn't available on F2P for a time! You can also customise the binding, along with huge numbers of other useful stuff, on the appropriate page of the Options.

Thanks for all the advice. I'm hoping that options disabling effects on the fellowship panel will solve my UI problems. Of course, then I'll only have my lack of skill to blame :/.

Thanks for all the advice. I'm hoping that options disabling effects on the fellowship panel will solve my UI problems. Of course, then I'll only have my lack of skill to blame :/.
I actually think you did quite well, especially for an inexperienced healer. We just ran into problems on the final boss, which isn't surprising. Some content is meant to be challenging and take several attempts to complete successfully. ;)

Back