Complete Cast List for Season Two

ah that list is below trish lamberts humble apology...

so tatie and iminye are still in, argon evtl. next season, amarie and eldalote are out?

My logic in composing the list:

Tatië has lines in Episodes 2 and 3 (of the Script Outlines). Therefore, I am fine with casting her. IF the Execs are like 'who?' and leave her out of the voting, that is their prerogative. Morwë, Eöl, Nurwen and Tatië are our only Avari 'named characters', so I think she should be cast to round out that group, though obviously hers is a supporting role as 'Míriel's little sister'.

Iminyë has a background role. There are several scenes she may be in, but whether or not she has much of a speaking role beyond (perhaps) expressing surprise over her daughter's interest in Finwë is to be determined. She is in the unique position of having personal experience in what the Hunter does to the captured elves and knowing what it is like to return from Mandos - I can see script writers wanting to use her voice for some scenes. A character who is definitely in multiple episodes can be cast, if we'd like. She should have more lines and screen time than (say) Fimbrethil or Tevildo, and we're casting both of them. Again, the Execs may say 'who?' and ignore her.

Amarië has a non-speaking cameo in Episode 12 at this point. She is also in the next generation that will not be cast at this time, as we have our hands full with the other 30-40 roles that need casting. If we cast her, it will be next time. We will likely flashback to some conversations with her and Finrod in later seasons.

Argon is not confirmed to exist in this project yet. That is a question for Season 3. He *could* be in....but I don't know that. Also, next generation. (Also also, can we rename him not to be #18 on the Periodic Table? Just having someone shout his Quenya name when he dies would be fine with me!)

Eldalotë is not confirmed to exist in this project yet. Technically, she should. She certainly hasn't been introduced on screen yet, as even her husband is not introduced to the audience in Season 2. The entire House of Finarfin plays a background role in Valinor, except for a few scenes with Galadriel. Also, next generation. So, we will deal with her later.

Characters like 'Olwë's wife' or 'Lenwë's wife' exist, and will clearly be seen on screen - but they have no role in the story and may wind up being extras with no lines. Alternately, we might choose to use Olwë's wife more extensively later and decide we need to cast her. But until then...I am not putting her on the list.

I put the list of suggested roles to cast under Trish's post so everyone would know what roles were available to nominate for and start a thread. If no one nominates anyone for a role....obviously we won't cast it. If I left anyone off of the list who should be on it, let me know and I'll edit. If they are in the later generations (Fëanor's and Fingolfin's kids, grandkids, or associated spouses), they are not included on this list because....we have until Friday to complete nominations, and that would be too great a task to do well right now.

Last edited:
The following 30 roles have had at least 3 (or more!) actors nominated for the role, which is great. :)

Aiwendel (Radagast)
Anairë
Arien
Beleg
Celeborn
Círdan
Draugluin
Earwen
Elladan and Elrohir
Elwë
Eöl
Fëanor
Finarfin
Findis
Fingolfin
Finwë
Galadriel
Indis
Ingwë
Irimë
Lenwë
Mahtan
Míriel
Morwë
Nerdanel
Nurwen
Tatië
Tevildo
Thuringwethil
Treebeard

The following 6 roles have 2 nominations:

Arwen
Eirien (Arwen's friend)
Fimbrethil
Mablung
Olwë
Rúmil

The following roles have 0 nominations:

Celebrían
Iminyë
Tom Bombadil

Last edited:
Can we talk about the casting choices for Season 2 now, or should we wait until the episode is released? I could use spoilers, but I'm not sure how to on this board.

I missed the first part and lost connection a couple of times so I'm not sure about everything. Do you want to discuss the list in general or particular results?

I know a few things... Holliday Grainger was cast as Eärwen, and Dan Stevens (?) as Finarfin. Jennifer Connelly will be Míriel and I think Rufus Sewell is Finwë. Cary Elwes is Ingwë. Laura Dern will do a cameo-esque job as his wife Iminyë. Paul Bettany was chosen as Elwë after some discussion. Damian Lewis will be Círdan, which made me happy. There was a lot of back and forth about Fëanor and Fingolfin but unless I'm very mistaken Richard Armitage will be Fëanor and Tom Hiddleston Fingolfin. Rosamund Pike will be Indis.
Treebeard: Patrick Stewart. Fimbrethil: Maggie Smith. Tevildo: Tom Waits. Thuringwethil: Carey Mulligan.

Last edited:
There was a lot of back and forth about Fëanor and Fingolfin but unless I'm very mistaken Richard Armitage will be Fëanor and Tom Hiddleston Fingolfin.

Yes, I was happy that they finally settled that way. I made an attempt to photoshop the actors into an illustration by Jenny Dolfin, which I wanted to share.

Fingolfin_Feanor_ps5.jpg

Back