Recent content by Οὗτος/Turadel

1. Ο

Questions: The moon is a Harsh Mistress

In "The Cat Who Walks Through Walls," Jubal Harshaw introduced (and then explained) the concept of "World As Myth." (Chapter XXVIII/28) Yes, in RAH's previous book "The Number of the Beast," the protagonists traveled among timelines and storylines, as you described. But Jubal explains the...
  2. Ο

Questions: The moon is a Harsh Mistress

Really? I just finished re-reading The Cat Who Walks Through Walls. Its ending was more problematic than your summary suggests. The following is based on my 1986 paperback edition. Granted, though, when I did re-read it a few days ago I quickly tasted "self-indulgent author." The boy/girl...
  3. Ο

Recruitment

Yes, Turadel is currently in Lords of Evening Twilight -- someone invited, I shrugged and went, "why not?" I think I crossed paths with that person, somewhere/somewhen. Haven't crossed paths with any, since. As you say, "not very active." T seems to looking for a Round Tuit before approaching...
  4. Ο

Recruitment

I'm also a quasi-new member (listening to The Professor's podcasts since Summer 2020 I think, opened account on LOTRO in October 2020, joined this forum in late August 2021). Anthony, you may have noticed that one of my 2 F2P characters (I think it was Turadel, not Lebarond) "friended" several...
  5. Ο

Moon - Cyborgs and Humans

An erotic kiss? Gosh, I'm pretty sure that did not appear in the 1961 edition. If it had been, I think my teenaged self would have noticed it in the mid-60s, when I read it for the first time. If only as a "well that's different" reaction. I wouldn't be surprised if it appears in the 1991...
  6. Ο

On the one hand, I agree. On the other hand, being male, it's easy for me to agree/to overlook that "tone of voice." Things sting more sharply when you have been on the receiving end of them. I haven't. ("Straight white cis male," here.) I think it's reasonable to be aware of the limits within...
  7. Ο

If it was indeed his choice. Depends on how his change came about. The protagonist in RoboCop never chose to be turned into RoboCop, did he? (Again, this may be part of Mannie's personal nightmare about cyborgs.) Sure. Mind you, I think Sidris was saying, in effect, "she hasn't reached puberty...
  8. Ο

I'm following the "Moon Is a Harsh Mistress" sessions by podcast, hence not in "real time." So here's a thought that I couldn't share immediately, at the time. In Class 10, The Prof expressed his puzzlement about Mannie's aversion to cyborgs -- "ex-human," Mannie calls one. Yet Mannie...
Back