Recent content by andrewwales

1. A

Silmarillion Notes

Episode 25: WC Tolkien Course 09 - Silmarillion, Part I Background Some of the selections of the Silmarillion are the earliest things he wrote. The Fall of Gondolin was started in the trenches of WW1. Difficult to read. Stylistically different. High and lofty. These are legends written in...
  2. A

Silmarillion Notes

I am new to this forum. I'm not sure if there's a better place to post this. I was inspired by Tony Meade's wonderful notes on the Exploring the Lord of the Rings series. I've been listening to past episodes of the Tolkien professor. I thought I would share my notes on those classes. If...
  3. A

Do you know of any similar resources for Silmarillion or Tolkien's other books?

Do you know of any similar resources for Silmarillion or Tolkien's other books?
  4. A

Should I continue?

I am so glad you do this!!! I am new to these classes and cannot hope to catch up by listening to each one.
  5. A

I am very grateful that you post your summaries of the Exploring the Lord of the Rings classes!

I am very grateful that you post your summaries of the Exploring the Lord of the Rings classes!
  6. A

Notes and Slides

Thanks for answering! I agree that it's the time! I'm more of a visual learner than auditory, but I've been listening and skipping the field trips, etc.
  7. A

Notes and Slides

Hello, I came to this site after discovering the amazing book, "Exploring J.R.R. Tolkien's The Hobbit". I had read The Hobbit many times, but I enjoyed seeing the outlines presented in "Exploring" that lead to to enjoy the book at a whole new level. Is there a place on this site that stores...
Back