Recent content by Arnthro

1. Arnthro

Oh, Rosie (( Happy March 25th ))

Oh, Rosie I believe I wouldn't be any wiser Dropping down eaves in the middle of the Shire I'll be meddling in the affairs of my betters Thanks to the man that learned me my letters Have a laugh at a gaffe where the forest gives you the willies Have a bath by the path where the water meets the...
  2. Arnthro

Thank you Sparrow for sharing Setupminimal's new Twitch broadcast, Let's Make a Language...

Thank you Sparrow for sharing Setupminimal's new Twitch broadcast, Let's Make a Language, earlier on Writer's Space. I'm already 40mins into it and I can tell it is going to be a favorite. Thank you!!
  3. Arnthro

What makes you late for dinner only makes you hungrier.

What makes you late for dinner only makes you hungrier.
  4. Arnthro

Song Adaptations - The Tale of Tinúviel and more

"Fare You Well (Upon the Hearth)" by Frodo and the Conspirators My intention is that the song is taking the listener through the adventure from The Shire all the way to Mordor, back, and the final farewell at the Havens.
  5. Arnthro

Farmer Maggot

I was laughing my butt off when Prof. suggested the world make Chuck Norris-esque memes about Farmer Maggot and what followed in the Discord chat. @Tomas Delgado has the winner with, "Farmer Maggot simply walks into Mordor." @kurtzimus, "Farmer Maggot turned that Balrog rightabouts at the...
  6. Arnthro

A Guest and To Counsel

Very cool Halstein! Thanks for that!
  7. Arnthro

A Guest and To Counsel

I currently only have a couple volumes of 'The History of Middle Earth' and haven't delved into them yet so I am of no help there but those are good wonderings indeed.
  8. Arnthro

A Guest and To Counsel

I just thought it'd be fun to share what I found when searching for etymology of "Rad(a)" and "gast." Old Norse ráð = 'advise', 'counsel', 'decision' [2] [3] [4] [5] [1] [6] ráð = 'advise', 'counsel', 'decision', 'might', 'household', 'marriage' [7] ráða = 'to advise', 'to counsel', 'to be...
  9. Arnthro

That The Ring Changes Size

I'm glad you brought this up because even though I read the books before I saw the movies I sometimes get my mind caught in the imagery from the movie interpretations. Though I will stand by my suggestion that based on what I read of Sauron in the Silmarillion (without taking the time to find...
  10. Arnthro

Yeah! I was thinking about how Sauron lost that ability but I decided not to mention it because I wasn't sure if the ability lost was more along the lines of not being able to look pleasant (thus easier to deceive), essentially becoming always evil and dark looking..... I suppose one could make...
  11. Arnthro

I do not remember when or who brought up the notion but in one of the recent classes someone was wondering why Sauron would imbed this ability of size changing into the One Ring. Would it be simply that because within Sauron's abilities himself is the changing of appearance (size and shape...
  12. Arnthro

Dreadful Faith and the Mischief of Gollum

Interesting bits: (from The Shadow of the Past) "Then why didn’t he track Bilbo further?” asked. “Why didn’t he come to the Shire?” “Ah,” said Gandalf, “now we come to it. I think Gollum tried to. He set out and came back westward, as far as the Great River. But then he turned aside. He...
  13. Arnthro

Et tu, Gandalf the Grey?

"Hush!" said Gandalf from the shadows at the back of the porch. "Evil things do not come into this valley; but all the same we should not name them. The Lord of the Rings is not Frodo, but the master of the Dark Tower of Mordor, whose power is again stretching out over the world! We are sitting...
  14. Arnthro

Horn-call of Buckland and the Rangers' protection

Almost everyone underestimates Hobbits.
  15. Arnthro

Aragorn/Bilbo Relationship Timeline

The motivation for Bilbo comforting Aragorn after the loss of his dear mother with poetry about Who Telcontar is, is beautiful. Thank you Kate! I am going to adopt that head-canon!!
Back