Recent content by Bainlámmen

1. Bainlámmen

Elf-song and the Ainulíndalë

During the last class you discussed the passage where the elves sing and how this conjures words, feelings and images in the hobbits' heads. This got me thinking about the Ainulíndalë and whether there was any relation between these two events in Tolkien's mind. In his creation story, Tolkien...
  2. Bainlámmen

Arwen

I nominate Felicity Jones.
  3. Bainlámmen

Fingolfin

Huh, I could have sworn both Fingolfin and Finarfin were blond, being children of Indis the Vanyar. I also had this painting in my head: Either way, Hiddleston would be great, regardless of hair color.
  4. Bainlámmen

Feanor

Ha, yes I agree his Jupiter Ascending role was not subtle. :) I posted those pics mostly because he was wearing a more fantasy appropriate costume. And to show he can play angry just as well as he can play nice. But should we call Feanor a flat out villains role? Isn't he more of a tragic hero...
  5. Bainlámmen

Arwen

How about Felicity Jones?
  6. Bainlámmen

Fingolfin

I'd like to see Hiddleston play a good guy for once! :) Give him some long blonde hair and he'd be a great Fingolfin.
  7. Bainlámmen

Feanor

I want to throw in a nomination for Eddie Redmayne. He's a great actor and can encapsulate the fiery spirit of Feanor. I can also see him make the transition from sympathetic character to a dark and proud king.
  8. Bainlámmen

Thoughts on "Casting" Iluvatar

I like the idea of using multiple voices blended together for Ilúvatar, both male and female, and with many varied vocal characteristics. This would help convey the multifaceted nature of Ilúvatar. As an example, think of how they blended Gandalf and Saruman's voices in the two towers movie...
Back