Recent content by cellardur

1. C

Session 5-01: Pre-production

It will take me a few days to get back up to date, but funny enough time is something I have on my hands now. However, wouldn't Turgon learn a lot about the House of Hador from Hurin and Huor. He is going to hold the two of them in very high esteem and he will probably later hear from Fingon...
  2. C

Session 4.09 & 4.10- Overarching Storylines: Hildorien, Dragons, and Lúthien

I am sorry you feel this way, but I am only half way through Podcast 4.08. I don't yet see this gluttony of female characters being killed off. The only additional female character have suffering is Eldalotte. The other elves to be captured are all male. We now have Celeborn's sister, Idril...
  3. C

Women Fighters

We are steering Luthien away from any role outside Doriath, because she is too much of a force. Showing her being capable of fighting in Doriath or even competing physically with Galadriel is fine. Luthien should be doing GREAT things in Doriath, hence why she is so famous, but she doesn't do...
  4. C

Elrond's history of fighting consistently from as soon as he became an adult makes him a warrior. The War of Wrath, Sauron's War with the Elves and the Last Alliance are just some of his wars. Elrond doesn't just have combat experience, but he is Gil-galad's first choice to command the counter...
  5. C

Women Fighters

I agree, but pointing out why it would likely still be rare. I haven't studied the Celts in general. I actually agree with your point that historians are too keen to dismiss accounts. I have studied the Viking invasions of the Frankish empire and France. For years historians rejected the size...
  6. C

Women Fighters

And this is part of the reason why they didn't usually fight and why boys don't usually fight. It's just not effective unless you are desperate. It's even worse when you consider women are more valuable in replenishing the population.
  7. C

Heralds are fighters. The greatest warrior with arms is the Herald of Manwe: Eonwe. It's been discussed before, but Elrond is a seasoned warrior, who is first to lead the Elves into battle. He is even described as a warrior several times. Elrond is of the line of Luthien and like the...
  8. C

Women Fighters

Well if you are facing Morgoth and there is no Valar, then why not? The situation is hopeless, but Turin is not Denethor. He actually believes in the one in a trillion chance of victory. A side note, but I think will mention it here. One thing Turin should mention to Orodreth is how his 'father...
  9. C

On the passing on of Narsil

Maybe, then we could have a prophecy that Telchar will gift three great gifts to the three houses of the Noldor and they will be involved in three great deeds. That's part of the reason Hurin does not wear, the Helm but Hurin is also not as tall or physically as strong as his relatives. The...
  10. C

I know, but can't we delay this? Also mentioned in the episode was the problem of the Dragon Helm being passed to so many hands. I don't see why we can't stick with the idea the Helm is too heavy to wear. Telchar can even comment that he made the Dragon-Helm to heavy. So Maedhros, Fingon and...
  11. C

This still makes Luthien look like a litte girl. It's one of the hundreds of things that annoyed me about the Peter Jackson film. They made Arwen act like a child, instead of a 3,000 year old queen (not the crying there should have been a lot more crying by men and women in the films). Luthien...
  12. C

Luthien's problem is the exact opposite of that though. She is just too powerful, charismatic and loved to get involved. Why aren't all the Sindar and the Noldor going to agree with Luthien? What other types of powerful magic can she use in a battle? She put everything in Angband to sleep...
  13. C

I have listened to Episode 4.07 and how about all the weapons/helmet: Narsil, Ancrist and the Dragon Helm be commissioned by Maedhros as a sign of the friendship between the Three Houses of the Noldor. Telchar can be commissioned to make three great gifts and someone prophetic can even foretell...
  14. C

With Luthien, I imagine everything she does will be at an unprecedented standard. I think we are dealing with a nuclear bomb and I would argue against using her much. I know the host like the idea of having Luthien much more involved, but she would just accomplish too much. I don't think Luthien...
  15. C

Petty dwarves nomenclature

I have to agree with NotACat. Exiles will be used by both the Noldor survivors of the 1st Age and the Numenorean in the 3rd Age. The Numenoreans in particular even consider Arnor and Gondor the realms in exile. I am fine with the term being used as long as it's noted and contrasted with how...
Back