Recent content by David_M_R

1. D

Script Discussion S07E03

I agree. I recalled the earlier discussion, too. It's this level of material culture that really makes a (hypothetical) show immersive. It would be cool if we see little reminders later about this, to show the continuity of such a cultural practice among these Edain.
  2. D

Script Discussion - S07E01!

Oh, I very much enjoyed this! Handir is very sympathetically written, especially with the favour from Beldis that he clings on to. I can imagine your Pengolodh being very like Tolkien ;-) And lots of very nice foreshadowing, for instance "Húrin has fallen over as he killed the last orc. The...
  3. D

Húrin

Oh, my mistake! That paragraph is verbatim in the Narn, now I check. I recognised the "Marrer of Middle-earth..." line, but not the bit about the harp and the song.
  4. D

Morwen

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm2100081/mediaviewer/rm3603885312/?ref_=nm_md_1 She looks like a great choice. Could really pull off the very strict attitude Morwen takes to young Túrin (telling him not to cry etc). Certainly fits my mental image of a Bëorian, though I haven't reviewed the SilmFilm...
  5. D

Húrin

@Ange1e4e5 He doesn't in the Narn version, I just read about Lalaith's death. In the CoH novel maybe?
  6. D

Morwen

Those cosplay costumes are amazing! Very Noldorin to be so extravagant.
  7. D

Saruman the White

Regardless of SilmFilm requirements, thank you for sharing that last one @MithLuin. Storm Boy is a story from my home town, it's a rather special one.
  8. D

Session 7-12: Casting Criteria

https://twitch.tv/signumu or https://youtube.com/@SignumUniversity are my usual go-tos. If I'm late I watch the YT one at faster speed from the start until I catch up.
  9. D

Season 7 Casting List

Perhaps not exactly right, but Christian Bale (not yet cast, I believe) could pull off a completely physically shattered Gwindor, I think.
  10. D

Session 7-12: Casting Criteria

I'm not sure about being too specific here, but Gwindor's actor should be able to pull off both looking appropriately Elven, as well as totally wrecked.
  11. D

Script Discussion - S07E02

Gah. Didn't pay close enough attention....
  12. D

Silm Film Session 7-10 postponed

Is there daylight savings weirdness, or just running late? [Edit: all good!]
  13. D

That was indeed heroic, with that 1.30am finish for (at least) Nick... But thoroughly enjoyable. The hard part about setting up Maeglin is that we don't want to paint him as an incel creep who thinks too much. But it might be worth trying to sow a tiny seed, a comment (not necessarily even by...
  14. D

Woohoo! 5 hours! Though at 1.5x speed it will be a bit shorter.... Thanks, Mithluin
  15. D

Is the discussion recorded for posterity? I didn't get to watch it live.
Back