Recent content by duerksjv

1. D

Writing a paper, seeking advice

Okay, here we go. Enjoy. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PIiEo9L-NMv0bHWWXtP2jm7Q55QWlAnkzgBKYFVfoiw/edit?usp=sharing
  2. D

Well, the paper's finished, and I'm very proud of it. I'd like to share it with folks who may appreciate it and be able to give feedback, but I have no clue how to post or link the document here. Google drive, maybe? I'm not too savvy with this sort of thing.
  3. D

I should freely admit that all the above topics are lifted from the "Mind, Tongue and Tale" chapter of Flieger's Green Suns and Faerie. I do not intend to plaigarize but I'd say that I'm certainly inspired enough by the points made there for them to be my starting point. Of course as the paper...
  4. D

Thank you for your input, Marielle and MithLuin! Your suggestions have been helpful, as will be the sources you pointed out! I'm actually surprised and delighted by how much Tolkien scholarship can be found in my university's library system. No Tom Shippey, unfortunately, and they only have...
  5. D

Hello, Mythgard community! I've been a long-time listener of prof. Olsen's podcasts, and they've helped me find new cherished depths in Tolkien's works. So much so that I will now take any excuse I can to earn a grade writing about Tolkien. Currently I'm enrolled in a linguistics class where a...
Back