Recent content by Ennikan

1. Ennikan

Amazon series:reactions and thoughts (Spoiler alert!)

Sure, I get that - and don't get me wrong - I LOVE Corey! I know this whole thing has gotten nasty in many corners of the internet, let's not have it happen here, too. All in all, I am just disappointed. Just thinking about what could have been.
  2. Ennikan

This goes to my point of being compromised by accepting their invite and hanging out with them. Now they have a relationship, and it would be very difficult for him to openly criticize them. I think he is taking the road he feels most comfortable with at this point.
  3. Ennikan

"It really is a bad story and told very badly." This is it in a nutshell. It has nothing to do with any character's race or gender, or even whether Harfoots "should" be there or not. It's just bad. Someone mentioned fanfic, and to me most of it has seemed that. I was originally really...
  4. Ennikan

OT: Music in the podcast making for difficult listening

Am also a musician - I wonder! :)
  5. Ennikan

OT: Music in the podcast making for difficult listening

Hi Corey, I am in the process of trying to catch up a second time (got to like ep. 130, fell off during Covid, now up to around 158). I love to listen on my long walks, just like I used to listen while commuting (commuting, what's that nowadays?!) I understand that part of your setup involves...
  6. Ennikan

The connection of Smeagol's kin and hobbits

Agh, I meant ANCESTOR, not descendant! Whoops. I take your point, but they still have a common root, which was my basic point.
  7. Ennikan

The connection of Smeagol's kin and hobbits

After catching up and being current pre-Covid, I completely lost touch with the course for over a year - but have finally got back into the swing and once again am catching up. I'm still only on episode 150, where we're discussing Aragorn's fortunate finding of Gollum. At one point the...
  8. Ennikan

Other Orc Problems: Amassing massive armies

I was not able to consume the whole Orc Problem thread, so forgive me if this was covered, but it didn't seem to be the topic at hand. This sort of struck me in a recent watch of the movies, but it seems a problem in the book too, unless I am missing something obvious. Let's assume we have...
  9. Ennikan

TLOTR has been consistently voted the best book of the 20th Century. It is loved by many. How many of its readers have ever read 'The Silmarillion'?

I was astounded as a teenager when I found about The Silmarillion. I'd already been through multiple reads of LOTR, and I read it right away. Part of me doesn't understand how one could be carried away by LOTR and not want to at least explore SIL. To me it has always provided even more depth to...
  10. Ennikan

What'cha reading?

I'm actually listening to the audiobook of The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich. Along with that, I've been delving a bit into the history of England/UK. It's interesting to think of the world in which Tolkien wrote LOTR, and all the history that is there that isn't present in a place like here...
  11. Ennikan

Sunday October 11th - Open Pub at the Community Hearth!

Is this a regular thing? I would love to attend one. TBH, I really need to meet some new people, and what better group of people would I find than here?! :)
  12. Ennikan

I hate to post this here but...

Can't seem to figure out where else, or if you are aware. The podcast hasn't updated in ages. We're stuck on 125. I can't use YouTube, so I can't continue. Hoping you are aware, is there a fix coming?
  13. Ennikan

Podcast feeds inaccessable and/or months behind

Came here to say this, too - also stuck at 126. I realize they are on YouTube, but that does not work for me listening in the car. YT shuts off when your phone sleeps (unless you buy premium, which I am NOT doing). I'm feeling disconnected!
  14. Ennikan

The Witch King’s Notched Blade

Having just listened to the whole discussion, my thoughts are that while it's really fun to dissect things to the Nth degree, I think we always need to remind ourselves - "is it in the text?" And sometimes the obvious thing is THE THING. I don't think it matters if the blade was obsidian...
  15. Ennikan

The Witch King’s Notched Blade

This is how I have ALWAYS read it - that it's an intention design of a very specific weapon. Which is why he used it vs. a full sized sword. And that has always made me believe even more that the Witch King's objective was to subdue Frodo in this way and not kill him outright. Whether for...
Back