Mar 19, 2019 at 9:13 PM
Birthday:
Mar 1, 1971 (Age: 48)
Psychologist/actor

Share This Page

Haakon

Administrator, Male, 48, from Stockholm, Sweden

Staff Member

I had the idea to work in Olorin into this season, but ended up just imagining healers praying to Nienna, Irmo, and Estë, ... and Olorin. Mar 4, 2019

Haakon was last seen:
Mar 19, 2019 at 9:13 PM
    1. Haakon
      Haakon
      Unless another couple or more nominations for Lúthien come in, we won’t break the record of nine nominees for a role this season.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Ange1e4e5
        Ange1e4e5
        So do we want to break the record? There’s a chance to break it with Beren and Turin.
        Jun 25, 2018
      3. Richol Richards
        Richol Richards
        I don't think there's any real need to, just in order to break the record. But nominations are still open. If anyone wants to make a few more suitable suggestions, I'd say go for it.
        Jun 26, 2018
      4. Haakon
        Haakon
        I wasn’t suggesting that we had to break the record. I just made an observation for fun - but it also tells us something about the casting process in different seasons.
        Jun 26, 2018
    2. Haakon
      Haakon
      So I believe the only characters with no casting nominations are Eldalotë and Amarië. I won't do them, since I'm going on vacation.
      2. Richol Richards
        Richol Richards
        Gotcha covered. Enjoy your vacation! :)
        Jun 20, 2018
      3. Haakon
        Haakon
        Thanks! I will pop in when I can. Regretfully I will probably miss the Sets session though.
        Jun 20, 2018
      4. MithLuin
        MithLuin
        I am also going away. I will check on Monday how the nominations look. I *might* be able to get a few more in....
        Jun 20, 2018
    3. Haakon
      Haakon
      There's no apparent possible Krysten Ritter nomination this season?
    4. Haakon
      Haakon
      I know people will engage more in casting closer to deadline, but we've only 12 days left!
      1. Richol Richards and Ange1e4e5 like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Richol Richards
        Richol Richards
        Another thing is, theoretically I do have actors and actresses lined up for most of these roles but for a lot of them there's no real compelling rationale beyond "this face more or less works for what I was thinking". So technically I can get some nominations up there, but there wouldn't really be any strong reasoning, per se... :-/
        Jun 14, 2018
      4. Haakon
        Haakon
        Don’t worry about the reasoning. If you look at my nominations you will notice a few marked “I think he/she would be great”....
        Jun 14, 2018
      5. Richol Richards
        Richol Richards
        Haha, okay I'll try to hop in soon. :)
        Jun 15, 2018
    5. Haakon
      Haakon
      I so wanted someone to actually be called Mebob Kha! But of course it was a spammer.
    6. Haakon
      Haakon
      I actually managed to attend to almost half of the session! We didn’t get to sets, right?
      2. Haakon
        Haakon
        There’s nothing to be sorry for. Except that I’m off on vacation in three weeks (which is a good thing but makes it hard to participate). So that means Casting is even further down the road...
        Jun 9, 2018
      3. MithLuin
        MithLuin
        Casting nominations will close on June 25th (tentatively).
        Jun 9, 2018
      4. Faelivrin
        Faelivrin
        Is there a calendar/timeline anywhere? I guess that the 29th is a sets session. I don't know if the 22nd is a session, or if the 15th was. Does anyone know when the other topics will be discussed, or at least what order they will be discussed, and which already have been finished?
        Jun 19, 2018
    7. Haakon
      Haakon
      Yes! Finally a Maglor!
      1. Richol Richards likes this.
      2. Richol Richards
        Richol Richards
        And he kind of looks like Armitage, too!
        Jun 8, 2018
      3. Haakon
        Haakon
        Yes, as a bonus!
        Jun 8, 2018
    8. Haakon
      Haakon
      Suggestions for new threads in Sets: Rivers Gelion and Ascar, Amon Ereb, and Spider Caves of Northern Ered Luin.
      1. Nicholas Palazzo likes this.
      2. Haakon
        Haakon
        More material could be added to existing threads about Alqualondë and Menegroth, for example.
        Jun 5, 2018
      3. Haakon
        Haakon
        Ok I’ve started the threads.
        Jun 7, 2018
    9. Haakon
      Haakon
      So the Scripts are in? There is some casting to do, and we also have to take a look at Sets.
      1. MithLuin
        MithLuin
        Yes, if we could get everything together on Sets for Friday (June 8th), that would be good.
        Jun 4, 2018
      2. Ange1e4e5
        Ange1e4e5
        What’s the plan for that?
        Jun 5, 2018
      3. MithLuin
        MithLuin
        People post any photos they would like to share for location shooting.
        Jun 5, 2018
    10. Haakon
      Haakon
      So tomorrow is Silmfilm session day? I probably won’t make it.
      1. MithLuin
        MithLuin
        Yep, it should be the (final) script outline review session. Sorry you won't be able to make it :(.
        May 31, 2018
      2. Haakon
        Haakon
        Well as always I’ll try to attend at least a while. Maybe an hour. So I will at any rate be able to hear a few ‘please stand by’-messages from the Webinar and perhaps the announcements, before I have to log off :D
        May 31, 2018
      3. Nicholas Palazzo
        Nicholas Palazzo
        Yeah, getting started on time is not this project's strong suit. Perhaps keeping in mind how much we probably need to get done, we can convince the hosts to act as time-efficient as possible. >.>
        May 31, 2018
    11. Haakon
      Haakon
      I had problems when trying to post nominations today, I encountered a firewall that wouldn’t accept my password/username. Anyone else?
      1. Ange1e4e5
        Ange1e4e5
        That typically happens whenever I try to log in. I have to press the option for stay signed in to get in at all.
        May 25, 2018
      2. Haakon
        Haakon
        Yes I have to do the same, always. But this was a notification blocking the whole page telling me there was a firewall and demanding me to log in - which didn’t work.
        May 25, 2018
    12. Haakon
      Haakon
      So it begins...
      1. Richol Richards likes this.
      2. MithLuin
        May 23, 2018
      3. Haakon
        Haakon
        Just a subtle reference to the casting of Lúthien, which is a bit difficult and interesting. It’s not a battle, so the hint went wrong, I guess Haha
        May 23, 2018
      4. MithLuin
        MithLuin
        Ah, yes....well, that should be interesting. I imagine we'll get more nominations for her than for anyone!
        May 23, 2018
    13. Haakon
      Haakon
      I nominated 27 people in the season 1 casting. In season 2, I nominated 39. But it looks like that was an exceptional year.
      2. Haakon
        Haakon
        Yes you definitely contributed with a number of important nominees. My point wasn’t really my elected nominees but that there were so many roles to fill last year.
        May 23, 2018
      3. Haakon
        Haakon
        I also would like to encourage more people to contribute. The more perspectives the better.
        May 23, 2018
      4. Ange1e4e5
        Ange1e4e5
        You are right; there were a lot of roles last year.
        May 23, 2018
    14. Haakon
      Haakon
      Silmfilm never sleeps.
      2. Richol Richards
        Richol Richards
        We should get that on a shirt.
        May 15, 2018
      3. Haakon
        Haakon
        :)
        May 15, 2018
      4. MithLuin
        MithLuin
        I believe Karita is in charge of inspirational t-shirts for Silm Film ;)
        May 15, 2018
    15. Haakon
      Haakon
      I haven’t been able to participate as I’d wanted the last couple of months. I’ve moved, changed job situation and had a severe cold.
      1. Nicholas Palazzo
        Nicholas Palazzo
        Feeling any better health-wise?
        May 5, 2018
      2. Haakon
        Haakon
        Thanks for asking, I’m slowly crawling up that hill...
        May 5, 2018
    16. Starsha Kolodziej
      Starsha Kolodziej
      HI, I just signed up for the forum. I didn't realize that my full name would be displayed; is there a way that I can change that?
      2. Haakon
        Haakon
        Hi, welcome! Yes I think MithLuin is right, creating a new account is probably the best way.
        May 1, 2018
      3. Nicholas Palazzo
        Nicholas Palazzo
        Welcome aboard!
        May 1, 2018
      4. Starsha Kolodziej
        Starsha Kolodziej
        Thanks, Nick!
        May 3, 2018
    17. Haakon
      Haakon
      Well, I had time to participate in the session for about an hour. After that, the execs were just about done with the announcements. :)
      1. Nicholas Palazzo likes this.
      2. MithLuin
        MithLuin
        Yeah, that was a long intro! I feel this wasn't an episode that could afford the shortchanging of the time, but I had to leave at 12, so I didn't hear how they resolved it all, either.
        Apr 14, 2018
      3. Haakon
        Haakon
        It happens. But since it happened this time, I'm really happy that Richol posted notes of all that one needed to know. (And I wasn't too well prepared so I would probably not have had that much to contribute).
        Apr 14, 2018
    18. Haakon
      Haakon
      Are we having a live session this Friday?
      2. Haakon
        Haakon
        That’s my guess, too.
        Apr 5, 2018
      3. Marielle
        Marielle
        Corey mentioned they might have to in passing last time. I remember because he almost said "push up a week" before he realized that was Easter Weekend.
        Apr 5, 2018
      4. Faelivrin
        Faelivrin
        More time to work on scripts (and get over this cold) is more than welcome.
        Apr 12, 2018
    19. Haakon
      Haakon
      Did you know that 'boldog' is Hungarian meaning 'happy'
      2. Faelivrin
        Faelivrin
        "Boldog" also sounds like a breed of dog in English. So for the bilingual, it's potentially "Happy, the bulldog".
        Apr 12, 2018
      3. Faelivrin
        Faelivrin
        What are the chances Tolkien knew enough Hungarian to know this?
        Apr 12, 2018
      4. Haakon
        Haakon
        Probably zero. :)
        Apr 12, 2018
    20. Haakon
      Haakon
      The problems with logging in and out seem to be gone, at least temporarily.
      1. MithLuin likes this.
      2. Haakon
        Haakon
        Well...that wasn't exactly true. I can get in and out, but things are a bit messy, to be honest.
        Mar 22, 2018
      3. Ange1e4e5
        Ange1e4e5
        Same here. Time stamp appears to be an issue.
        Mar 22, 2018
      4. MithLuin
        MithLuin
        Sorry, guys :( I don't know how to fix this.
        Mar 23, 2018
  • About

Birthday:
    Mar 1, 1971 (Age: 48)
    Psychologist/actor
    My real name is Håkan, but it wasn't accepted as username. So I chose the Norwegian version of the name. It's close enough. Also, I have Norwegian ancestors.
    I found the Simarillion Seminar on iTunes a couple of years ago. Loved it! Then I began to listen to Riddles in the dark.