Recent content by Hatleking

1. H

Impact of the proposed Amazon Project on the Silm Film Project

This is the link to the final map, and it's a treat. We can see Numenor on the map, which probably means that the series will be about the fall of Numenor and so on. Extremely exciting!
  2. H

Glaurung

I might be mistaken, but wasn't Glaurung not supposed to 'move his lips' when he talked, but talk more like with an inner voice, almost telepathically? And it'd be weird to model the dragon after the actor (we don't want a Will Smith-genie situation here). In that case it'd be just as easy to...
  3. H

Glaurung

As for Glaurung, isn't only the voice important here? Bardem is a great villain, but his voice alone can probably be matched by others. So what kind of a voice do we want Glaurung to have?
  4. H

Amazon has been teasing us with a map. Anyone following that?
  5. H

Caranthir

Without the beard he does indeed look quite young for his age. Elves are immortal too, and Caranthir is for sure 'grown' by now. If one elf is for example 2000 years old and his son is 1000, would you then look at them and immediately see that 'yeah, that must be father and son'? I can...
  6. H

Caranthir

I suggested Joe Manganiello as Fingolfin before. That didn't win. However, the way the execs want Caranthir to be, I think Manganiello could be an excellent choice. He's very tall (1,96 meters), athletic, big and muscular. But not like a bodybuilder. He's a good actor too with quite a bit of...
  7. H

Azaghâl

Oh, it seems like I missed the preferred ethnicity. Is that grounded in Tolkien, or is it arbitrarily set?
  8. H

Azaghâl

I'd say Peter Mullen would be a nice fit. He has both a roughness and a warmth to him, and I'd like to see him is a commanding role as this one. If you want to see him in something, Gunpowder on HBO is something to watch. He's really good there.
  9. H

Session 3.12 - S3 Ep 7: The Doom of Mandos

I also think that a big black panther is the way to go. They can be pretty scary in appearance, so I don't think adding demonic features is needed. I'm sure a golden collar can be there as well. A sized-up housecat would probably look a bit ridiculous and not scary enough.
  10. H

Session 3.12 - S3 Ep 7: The Doom of Mandos

Why not throw in Tevildo and his cats too? It's an ambush, so big cats would fit perfectly for that. Throwing them in there too would perhaps even more strengthen the hopelessness of the elves in that situation.
  11. H

The current SilmFilm Project should definitely keep going, but it'd be nice to have discussions about what Amazon is doing as well.
  12. H

Bad Guys Story Arc for Season Two

Starlight would do!
  13. H

It's basically Vader slaughtering Rebels. I picture two variants here: 1) Elves flee in terror - Morgoth's forces are upon them. They run into a dark cave to hide. It's completely dark. Suddenly they hear some odd noises. They look forward and can feel something big and dark move towards them...
  14. H

I feel like we need a scene similar to the Darth Vader scene in Rogue One. Perhaps with Tevildo. That'd be cool.
  15. H

Season Two Casting Poll Now Open!

Nice! I see that there's one actor missing for Thuringwethil by the way, so you might want to add that.
Back