Recent content by Indilwen

1. I

Finally here.

Thank you very much!
  2. I

Finally here.

Just a short note. Since I can't seem to find an email address for Prof. Olsen (and as I think we've already established, I can be blind at times) I wanted to say I finally arrived at episode 185 this morning, after having watched 1) every episode 2) at normal speed, and 3) including the field...
  3. I

A general question about the episodes

I'm using the playlist page, actually, working from bottom to top. I'll try looking for specific episodes in the YouTube search engine, though, as you suggest. Maybe they will show up. Thanks for the idea.
  4. I

I should say that I'm watching the episodes on Signum's YouTube channel. It just occurred to me that it might be better to watch the episodes on the Signum University website? Please advise.
  5. I

As I've been working my way through the ELOTR episodes, I find some are missing. Sometimes I find them elsewhere in the episode stream, but sometimes I don't find them at all. Or maybe I'm not looking very well, as happened with episode 111. *shrugs* Anyway, I wasn't able to find episode 135 a...
  6. I

Seek for the Rhythm (ep. 133)

Thanks for this. (Good to be able to put a voice, if not a face, to your name. )
  7. I

*facepalm* You're quite right. I added an extra syllable to line 7. I was even looking straight at the poem when I wrote out the stressed/unstressed pattern. See what happens when I act as though I know what I'm talking about? PS If you can talk me through how to edit my name on Twitch I'd be...
  8. I

Yes, it's a bit tricky, but giving a non-word to the stressed and unstressed syllables in the first two lines might help: DA-da-da DA-da-da DA-da DA da-DA-da da-DA SEARCH for the SWORD that was BRO-ken IN im-LA-dris it DWELLS If the second line still doesn't make sense, well, this was only as...
  9. I

I just passed listening to episode 134, when Corey was looking at the rhythm of the poem that came from Gondor in a prophetic dream. This is how I worked out the rhythm, with "o" being a stressed syllable and "-" being an unstressed. o - - o - - o - o - o - - o o - - o - o - o - - o - o o...
  10. I

Another "Comment Not Question" for Corey.

I was considering buying a Kindle version of "Exploring J.R.R. Tolkien's The Hobbit" yesterday in order to see how that printed discussion of The Hobbit compares with the online discussion of LOTR that is going on now. Imagine my surprise when I discovered I'd not only purchased the ebook but...
  11. I

Where, oh where, is 111?

Yep. It's official. I'm blind. Thanks.
  12. I

Back to episode 104

Gotta love Google, right?;)
  13. I

Where, oh where, is 111?

Where is the eleventh-first episode of ELOTR? I'm following on the YouTube postings and can't find it. AM I BLIND? Please help.
  14. I

Back to episode 104

I intend to catch up with you around the middle of July, so my comments will be concurrent with the episodes by then. In the meantime, I wanted to give my impression of what the Last Homely House east of the sea means. Corey mentioned that the term "east of the sea" implies there are other...
  15. I

Frodo's blade back on Weathertop

*forehead slap* Of course! I totally forgot. Thanks, JJ48
Back