Recent content by manofgont

1. M

Should I continue?

I have been going back through these as I do my re-read and they are extremely helpful. I have found that I missed a few points and am glad to have them to compliment my notes and annotations. Please keep up this noble work--And Thank You.
  2. M

The Influence of Elrond's Response to Gandalf's Tale

(Not sure on the etiquette to replying first to my own post, but oh well) The final comment by Elrond before the debate gets into full swing is his musing about whether he "should have summoned him (Bombadil) to our Council." Earlier Elrond proclaims that though they (the Council) was "called...
  3. M

The Influence of Elrond's Response to Gandalf's Tale

The different points Elrond highlights seem disjointed, especially in light of the tale just finished by Gandalf: the betrayal of Saruman, the peculiar nature of hobbits, the Barrow-wights, the Old Forest, and Tom Bombadil. However, Elrond is the greatest of the Lore-Masters, he is well-equipped...
  4. M

Diplomacy and Heirlooms: The Crafty Navigating of Elrond

I fluctuate between being caught up with the episodes and falling behind by 1 or 2. I do listen asynchronously, since I live in Belgium, so it would be quite late (or early) to listen live. This is my first time posting. I realize this is now a couple shows back, but just had some thoughts about...
Back