Recent content by mas0764

1. M

Why did JRRT never publish The Silmarillion?

I consider Christopher Tolkien the heir to the decision making power of Canon, and that power ends with his passing. It seems to me that if the Silmarillion as published can't be taken as canon ("there is no Manwe because he was not explicitly mentioned in LOTR at all") then that is basically...
  2. M

Buying some new LotR books, looking for feedback!

Sorry to bump a nearly 2 year old thread, but I recently kinda had this issue myself, posted here, and I believe with good feedback from a member. https://forums.signumuniversity.org/index.php?threads/best-version-of-lotr-to-buy.5331/ So as it happens, that Houghton Mifflin release you linked...
  3. M

Best version of LOTR to buy

Thanks. The illustrated versions actually did just go on huge sale on Amazon, over 50% off for each of the Hobbit, LotR and the Silmarillion. So I got all of them for just over $100 instead of $220+ and certainly less than the almost $400 Easton Press version. The Lord of the Rings Illustrated...
  4. M

Best version of LOTR to buy

Looking to get a premium version of Lord of the Rings now that I’ve been a fan for approaching 30 years. Easton Press’s version seems to get a lot of fanfare on social media. Is it worth the $400? Does anyone here have it and can vouch for it, or is there a better version that I’m unaware of?
  5. M

No More Podcasts on iTunes?

I had started using Overcast, but I did not see them on that service last time I checked.
  6. M

Exploring Lord of the Rings - course duration??

Please excuse me if this question has been addressed before. I found out about this amazing podcast/course a few months back and given that I love LOTR it was an instant follow! I have actually previously listened to the Silmarillion Seminar and was hoping for a LOTR-related one, but I never...
  7. M

No More Podcasts on iTunes?

I still see the episodes on Itunes, currently they have through Episode 126, in late December. However my question is, how long do they usually take to show up in iTunes? Cause obviously it's February and there have been 4-5 more episodes but they aren't up yet.
Back