Recent content by Octoburn

1. Octoburn

Session 6-11: Beren and Lúthien Finale

I know I sometimes pick silly things to nitpick about, but it's usually because they are long-term ideas rather than the right-now issues that are already settled. But, why does Narsil have to end up on the Hill of the Slain? There has to be an easier route to get it to Nargothrond before Turin...
  2. Octoburn

Just listened to the session. Wow. A lot got rearranged in 11-13. Am I correct in remembering that the Narsil discussion led to getting them into Brethil and meeting Andreth and Emildir, but we've now decided that Narsil is no longer there now, but in Nargothrond? Or is it going to Nargothrond...
  3. Octoburn

Season 5 Scriptwriting

While we are currently on Season 6, there are still 8 episodes from season 5 with no completed scripts, so I wouldn't turn down someone offering to pitch in. While writing for the previous season may be less of a priority and less likely to be reviewed on the actual SilmFilm broadcast, it could...
  4. Octoburn

Script Discussion S06E03

I am watching the recording of this episode's session on Twitch. Does Nick's audio kick in at some point? I feel like i'm missing half the conversation :confused: Edit: nevermind. I saw it came up in another thread...
  5. Octoburn

I'm ok with Melian having "mirror of Galadriel powers" but we need to have it be... different? Like, not a mirror. Melian served Vana and Este. Este is where she learned of healing and rest, what if her affiliation with Vana gives her some powers of flowers or birds? What if her "mirror" is...
  6. Octoburn

I just remembered I started a conversation a week ago that I never jumped back into: Re: Narsil. First, i think I am against either Beren or Luthien meeting Emeldir. I wasnt suggeating that specifically, just that we'd have to go to Brethil to see Narsil. Are we even sure she survived? Maybe...
  7. Octoburn

Don't they need to head over the mountains soon? Her song says she and Celeborn left Beleriand before the falls of Nargothrond and Gondolin. And we are only a few seasons away from those kingdoms falling.
  8. Octoburn

I had a few thoughts listening to one of the previous sessions. This is is both looking forward a bit, but also looking back: shouldn't we show Narsil at some point this season? I don't know where we last left it; I do know Andreth was in possession of it, last I recall. But, if we are doing...
  9. Octoburn

SilmFilm: The Adaptation: The Audio Drama

It actually popped back into my mind again a few nights ago, when I was reading the 6.01 outline. I'm considering it for one, but it seems like it would have a rather large cast as well. But, this show seems like every episode will have a rather large cast, so yeah. I'm fine with any of the...
  10. Octoburn

Session 6-09: Beren and Lúthien, Part 3

We do know there are at least 3 (not including Sauron); the one Finrod kills, the unnamed one Huan kills and Draugluin. It does make sense to maybe include some warg-riders, though were there any among Sauron's troops? I don't recall if they were aligned with a certain sect of Morgoth's forces...
  11. Octoburn

Session 6-08: Beren and Lúthien Part 2

Yeah, yeah, I know. Harry Potter happened to be on tv while I was reading this conversation and I just thought there would be a slight Snape parallel if he was to come back to help, mentor and hopefully not bully Luthiens child after she passes.
  12. Octoburn

Session 6-08: Beren and Lúthien Part 2

Daeron: *writes Lay of Leithian* Daeron: *walks Halls of Menegroth singing the Lay* Dior: After all this time? Daeron: Always.
  13. Octoburn

Blank Shield, session 218

It's really not fair to say Boromir's shield has no device or design. Yes, there is nothing on the main shield part, but the boss has Gondorian Wings©️ and Seven Stars™️®️.
  14. Octoburn

Session 6-07: Beren and Lúthien, Part 1

I'm saying if Oropher is not staying at Tol Sirion, but is in Hithlum under Finfolfin. If he fled with some other Sindar after the Bragollach, he could pass near Tol Sirion around the time Sauron takes it over. Like I said, just a hypothetical.
  15. Octoburn

Session 6-07: Beren and Lúthien, Part 1

Theres no explicit evidence that they do. But I dont think they have a reason not to. The Sindars grievance is more with the sons of Feanor than the other Noldor. Even if they have a reason not to stay there, we can some some captured by Sauron en route from Barad Eithel to Doriath.