Recent content by Orion

1. O

Corey / Blind Guardian interview when?

Corey / Blind Guardian interview when?
  2. O

Idea for season like 10 of SilmFilm: Instead of rising out of the water to meet Tuor, Ulmo surfs...

Idea for season like 10 of SilmFilm: Instead of rising out of the water to meet Tuor, Ulmo surfs in while Blind Guardian's cover of Surfin' USA plays
  3. O

Amazon series: reactions to news and rumours. (Spoiler alert!)

We don't have a Quenya name because Tolkien had already changed Gil-Galad's parentage by the time he got around to doing all the name stuff. I am specifically talking about Gil-Galad as Fingon's son, as I think that is the more likely version for RoP.
  4. O

My logic is: Fingon is Fingolfin's eldest. Galadriel is Finarfin's youngest (or second youngest depending on where Orodreth is placed). Finarfin is younger than Fingolfin, meaning Finrod and therefore Angrod and Aegnor would certainly have been born later than Fingon. Given that Elvish siblings...
  5. O

To be fair, we have no idea when Gil-Galad was born. If he is Fingon's son in this version, he could very well be calaquendi and wouldn't be much younger than Galadriel. Given the likely age gap between Fingon and Galadriel, Gil-Galad and Galadriel could even be around the same age if Fingon...
  6. O

Session 6:14 - Magic

A pretty simple but functional way of representing magic happening is with light. Here is an example from the Sauron vs Finrod battle by Clamavi de Profundis. If you watch the video carefully, you will notice that the still image changes across the duel to represent the power being exerted and...
  7. O

Trust me 2x speed helps

Trust me 2x speed helps
  8. O

I really like the elven feast picture. The lamps and the trees in the background look really good
  9. O

Huan, the Hound of Valinor (Voice!)

'His voice was like the deep-toned bells that ring in Valmar's citadels' -the Lay of Leithian
  10. O

Thanks! Perhaps the Lay of Leithian could be used in the frame. Maybe Gilraen is telling Estel...

Thanks! Perhaps the Lay of Leithian could be used in the frame. Maybe Gilraen is telling Estel the story through the poem, but breaks off at around the same point that the Lay abruptly ends. Elrond would tell Estel the rest of the story. 'it is a long tale of which the end is not known; and...
  11. O

Galadriel in season 6

another question: does Nimloth have to be Celeborn's Niece? Remember that Elrond is Nimloth's grandson and will be marrying Celebrían, Celeborn's daughter. Do we really want Elrond and Celebrían to be so closely related - they would be first cousins twice removed
  12. O

Galadriel in season 6

What are we doing with Galadriel this season? Is she going to be completely absent until maybe the very end with B+L in Ossiriand? I'm thinking about the fact that she's Finrod's sister, so would know when he dies. Perhaps we could have a scene of her reacting to that, or maybe she goes to...
  13. O

Just finished catching up with SilmFilm. I'm here now i guess

Just finished catching up with SilmFilm. I'm here now i guess
Back