Recent content by Ren

1. Ren

Session 7-01: A Look Ahead

Love the outlook for the remaining seasons. Especially the early release of Húrin in Season 9, so tragic! I remember when this project started and it was beleieved it will go on forever. But now the story has progressed through half of the First Age. At this moment I would like to thank all of...
  2. Ren

Dwarves

Let's just keep in mind this is the first appearance of dwarves in the story. So let's make sure we do not only cast old actors for dwarves. You may critize Peter Jackson for how he portrayed dwarves, but at least he got the age mix right.
  3. Ren

Beasts

Agh, you hit the spot Haakon! Maybe we can use them later for Nan Dungortheb. Some diversity among Ungoliants offspring could be interesting. Or do they have to look all the same?
  4. Ren

Session 2.17 for S2E13

Yes, it is for the promo only I think so too.
  5. Ren

Session 2.17 for S2E13

Looks like the Game of Thrones maker have stolen our idea of a final throne room scene with Melkor vs. Feanor!
  6. Ren

Casting Draft for The Children of Hurin

I can see John Stahl as Mim. It depends a bit on which Version of Mim we are going to have in Silm Film. If he is more physically active, maybe a younger actor would fit better.
  7. Ren

Where is Everybody in Season 3 Frame?

Ok, when we set the time frame to Aaragorn being 15 years old. What's going on in the world? Where is everybody, as asked by the title? What are the main protagonists up too? Gandalf, Sauron, the stewards of realms, Rohan and Gondor, the dwarves? Can we show story elements of the big plots in a...
  8. Ren

Complete Cast List for Season Two

The list of actors the execs can't waste or fit better roles: Haleth - Catheryn Winnick Barahir, Brodda, Edain - Christian Bale Glaurung, Ar-Pharazôn, Elros - Andrew Scott More important role - Brie Larson Recast as Melkor, if he comes on show! - Vin Diesel Bëor - Eric Bana Maeglin - David...
  9. Ren

Sauron's Morgoth Moment

The last 30 posts are great to read. Nothing to add. Let's see how our villains develope over the next seasons before we decide.
  10. Ren

Script Discussion Schedule and Updates

In a way yes. Still, it needs more thought, I guess.
  11. Ren

Ok I agree the urgency is difficult to show. What I meant is she realizes she has to make the choice herself. And she realizes that now, not in 38 years. She imagines what it would mean to let family and friends go and stay behind. At the end of episode 13 Feanor also has to consider leaving...
  12. Ren

For me the topic for episode 13 is about "decisions". Everybody has to make his own decisions for life, for good or for bad. Feanor can decide whether he wants to hand over the silmarils after the attack on the trees. Arwen decides whether she wants to go to Valinor at some point. Heck, even...
  13. Ren

Orcs

I actually meant the discussions we had last September, not last week, also in this thread. But I agree with your concern, not showing stuff or showing little has to be very well choosen and timed. If I understand you correctly, if we only show elf captives together with Mairon, and the...
  14. Ren

Orcs

After reading up I really have a déjà vu regarding the discussion of this topic. But in the end we come to the same conclusions like last time. I suppose this is a good thing though !
  15. Ren

Mythological Limbo

Last night I was listening to the Tom Shippey seminar on Tolkien's Beowulf. Fascinating! He speaks about how the story of Beowulf exists in a kind of mythological limbo, a pagan story written by a Christian englishmen, allthough it never mentions England or Christ. So it was left ambiguous: not...
Back