Richol Richards
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Gah, seems every time I attempt to return to SilmFilm I get siderailed or end up siderailing myself. Honestly at this rate I can't promise I can hop on consistently, at least definitely not yet, but I'll still try to keep catching up. Progress is slow but hopefully one of these days I can fully get back into it. I love and miss this project, sorry I've been so inactive!
    Almost finished with season 4 on the podcast! I think I may just go ahead and hop into season 6 and the forums because there's no way I'll be able to finish the others before this current season wraps. Apologies in advance if I accidentally reference anything that's already been discussed while I continue to catch up!
    Richol Richards
    Richol Richards
    P.S. Loving the Celeborn-Galadriel content in S4. It's definitely helped me appreciate Celeborn's character more, something I confess I hadn't spent much time considering previously. Also there are so many moments in these episodes that could be put on t-shirts, haha. Poor Angrod. :)
    MithLuin
    MithLuin
    Yes, please jump right in to Season 6! We are discussing Episode 7 tomorrow :)
    Oh my goodness. The years have been long. As with many, life has been a bit of a roller coaster for me. I'm only just now properly beginning the long journey back to reconnecting with this side of my life. May take a *while* to get caught up honestly, but I'm certainly going to try!
    Looked forward to this session for the past two weeks, but because I have to be up super early tomorrow, I can't stay up and attend. Sigh..
    I'm back! Actually arrived in China on Aug 28th but have been busy settling in. What did I miss? :) *commences catch-up process*
    Reactions: Haakon
    Richol Richards
    Richol Richards
    Wow, Nick. Yeah, I can't imagine what I would do if I didn't have translate with me everywhere I went...haha. I used to be able to pick up languages fairly quickly, but I can already tell I'm in for the long haul with Chinese. I mean, I knew it would be more difficult than others, but man...I've got a lot of homework ahead. :)

Thanks, Marie! I'm on a nine day holiday for now so things are pretty great, hehe.
    Haakon
    Haakon
    Welcome back! :)
    Richol Richards
    Richol Richards
    Thanks, Haakon! Good to be back. :)
    Edited the list of nominees to reflect where things stand currently
    Reactions: MithLuin
    MithLuin
    MithLuin
    Thanks so much for monitoring that for us! I'll see if I can scare up another couple nominations this evening for some of the under-3 roles.
    Richol Richards
    Richol Richards
    My pleasure! And yay! :)
    So, I'm starting to fall in love with the idea of Joanna Vanderham as adult Idril. I nominated her for Amarië, however.
    Haakon
    Haakon
    Amarië is such a small role though, why not suggest someone else, it could be someone unknown? Of course I don’t know Vanderham, but some seem to.
    Richol Richards
    Richol Richards
    Hmmm, yeah I just might suggest another actress. I know Vanderham from The Paradise, a charming little series that aired on the BBC.
    Haakon
    Haakon
    Ah ok that one; I missed that, or caught half an episode. Seemed nice, rather good.
    Okay, I think there are only 10 roles left now with fewer than three nominations. I'll try to fill a few more tomorrow.
    Richol Richards
    Richol Richards
    Got it. I'll try to at least get someone for Amarie. I may have a potential Eldalote. We'll see.
    MithLuin
    MithLuin
    I think we skip Eldalotë. We can cast her later, if/when we give her a role, but right now, she's just a name on the page, not a character in her own right.
    Richol Richards
    Richol Richards
    Gotcha.
    I pasted all the text of the List to make it searchable for possible nominations. It's a bunch of text so I'll delete it once voting is over
    Richol Richards
    Richol Richards
    I probably should have done this ages ago, once nominations were opened... my apologies! Hopefully this helps give us some ideas if we're stumped on actors to come up with for certain roles.
    Richol Richards
    Richol Richards
    It wraps to a second page, so don't forget to check that when you Ctrl+F.
    Haakon
    Haakon
    Wonderful!
    So, I'm just putting it out there - don't be surprised if you see me suddenly making a bunch of nominations in batches this week.
    Haakon
    Haakon
    It’s what I’ve been waiting for! :)
    Richol Richards
    Richol Richards
    Do you think it would be of much help to post all the names mentioned for our Season 3 roles so far? I realize the list in the forums is not searchable, because the only way I can post it is as an image. But there are a lot of names available for some of these roles, which may help us when we're scratching our heads trying to come up with a nomination.
    MithLuin
    MithLuin
    Please do! :)
    It's a holiday where I currently am, aka "National Catch-up-on-the-boards Day" for me. :)
    Richol Richards
    Richol Richards
    Sorry I'm such an on-and-off presence right now. I would say it's going to get better in the latter half of this month, but I can't for sure make that call yet...
    MithLuin
    MithLuin
    Well, we enjoy when you can be here!
    Richol Richards
    Richol Richards
    Thanks! I definitely miss the Silmfilm community whenever these long stretches of busyness occur, and it's always a joy whenever I get some time to get back into things, as brief as those windows are becoming these days... :|
    I may or may not be cheating and spending just a liiiiittle extra time on the boards today vs. actually getting work done...ahem.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back