Richol Richards
Last Activity:
Nov 16, 2018
Birthday:
Apr 24, 1989 (Age: 29)

Share This Page

Richol Richards

Well-Known Member, Female, 29

Looked forward to this session for the past two weeks, but because I have to be up super early tomorrow, I can't stay up and attend. Sigh.. Nov 2, 2018

Richol Richards was last seen:
Nov 16, 2018
    1. Richol Richards
      Richol Richards
      Looked forward to this session for the past two weeks, but because I have to be up super early tomorrow, I can't stay up and attend. Sigh..
      1. MithLuin
        Nov 2, 2018
    2. Richol Richards
      Richol Richards
      I'm back! Actually arrived in China on Aug 28th but have been busy settling in. What did I miss? :) *commences catch-up process*
      1. Haakon likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Richol Richards
        Richol Richards
        Wow, Nick. Yeah, I can't imagine what I would do if I didn't have translate with me everywhere I went...haha. I used to be able to pick up languages fairly quickly, but I can already tell I'm in for the long haul with Chinese. I mean, I knew it would be more difficult than others, but man...I've got a lot of homework ahead. :)

Thanks, Marie! I'm on a nine day holiday for now so things are pretty great, hehe.
        Sep 30, 2018
      4. Haakon
        Haakon
        Welcome back! :)
        Oct 2, 2018
      5. Richol Richards
        Richol Richards
        Thanks, Haakon! Good to be back. :)
        Oct 4, 2018
    3. Richol Richards
      Richol Richards
      Sorry I haven't been responsive but things got crazier - I'm now moving across the world for work, etc so I'm pretty burnt out on all fronts
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Nicholas Palazzo
        Nicholas Palazzo
        Oooo! Where at? I lived up north in Harbin for a couple of years.
        Jul 20, 2018
      3. Richol Richards
        Richol Richards
        Oh, nice! I'll be in Hangzhou. :)
        Jul 21, 2018
      4. Nicholas Palazzo
        Nicholas Palazzo
        Ah. Weather will be better than where I was. :)
        Jul 21, 2018
    4. Richol Richards
      Richol Richards
      Edited the list of nominees to reflect where things stand currently
      1. MithLuin likes this.
      2. MithLuin
        MithLuin
        Thanks so much for monitoring that for us! I'll see if I can scare up another couple nominations this evening for some of the under-3 roles.
        Jun 25, 2018
      3. Richol Richards
        Richol Richards
        My pleasure! And yay! :)
        Jun 26, 2018
    5. Richol Richards
      Richol Richards
      So, I'm starting to fall in love with the idea of Joanna Vanderham as adult Idril. I nominated her for Amarië, however.
      1. Haakon likes this.
      2. Haakon
        Haakon
        Amarië is such a small role though, why not suggest someone else, it could be someone unknown? Of course I don’t know Vanderham, but some seem to.
        Jun 25, 2018
      3. Richol Richards
        Richol Richards
        Hmmm, yeah I just might suggest another actress. I know Vanderham from The Paradise, a charming little series that aired on the BBC.
        Jun 25, 2018
      4. Haakon
        Haakon
        Ah ok that one; I missed that, or caught half an episode. Seemed nice, rather good.
        Jun 25, 2018
    6. Richol Richards
      Richol Richards
      Okay, I think there are only 10 roles left now with fewer than three nominations. I'll try to fill a few more tomorrow.
      1. Haakon likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Richol Richards
        Richol Richards
        Got it. I'll try to at least get someone for Amarie. I may have a potential Eldalote. We'll see.
        Jun 24, 2018
      4. MithLuin
        MithLuin
        I think we skip Eldalotë. We can cast her later, if/when we give her a role, but right now, she's just a name on the page, not a character in her own right.
        Jun 26, 2018
      5. Richol Richards
        Richol Richards
        Gotcha.
        Jun 26, 2018
    7. Richol Richards
      Richol Richards
      Posted a list of number of nominations so far for each role in the S3 Nominations board
      1. Ange1e4e5 and Haakon like this.
    8. Richol Richards
      Richol Richards
      I pasted all the text of the List to make it searchable for possible nominations. It's a bunch of text so I'll delete it once voting is over
      1. Haakon likes this.
      2. Richol Richards
        Richol Richards
        I probably should have done this ages ago, once nominations were opened... my apologies! Hopefully this helps give us some ideas if we're stumped on actors to come up with for certain roles.
        Jun 18, 2018
      3. Richol Richards
        Richol Richards
        It wraps to a second page, so don't forget to check that when you Ctrl+F.
        Jun 18, 2018
      4. Haakon
        Haakon
        Wonderful!
        Jun 19, 2018
    9. Richol Richards
      Richol Richards
      So, I'm just putting it out there - don't be surprised if you see me suddenly making a bunch of nominations in batches this week.
      1. Ange1e4e5 and Haakon like this.
      2. Haakon
        Haakon
        It’s what I’ve been waiting for! :)
        Jun 18, 2018
      3. Richol Richards
        Richol Richards
        Do you think it would be of much help to post all the names mentioned for our Season 3 roles so far? I realize the list in the forums is not searchable, because the only way I can post it is as an image. But there are a lot of names available for some of these roles, which may help us when we're scratching our heads trying to come up with a nomination.
        Jun 18, 2018
      4. MithLuin
        MithLuin
        Please do! :)
        Jun 20, 2018
    10. Richol Richards
      Richol Richards
      Happy Star Wars day, everyone!
      1. Haakon
        Haakon
        May the fourth be with you! (Yeah I’m late but anyway)
        May 5, 2018
      2. Richol Richards
        Richol Richards
        Haha, thanks! :)
        May 6, 2018
    11. Richol Richards
      Richol Richards
      Currently working on updating the list; we've been making a fair number of suggestions lately! :)
      1. Haakon and Nicholas Palazzo like this.
    12. Richol Richards
      Richol Richards
      It's a holiday where I currently am, aka "National Catch-up-on-the-boards Day" for me. :)
      1. Haakon, MithLuin and Nicholas Palazzo like this.
      2. Richol Richards
        Richol Richards
        Sorry I'm such an on-and-off presence right now. I would say it's going to get better in the latter half of this month, but I can't for sure make that call yet...
        Mar 14, 2018
      3. MithLuin
        MithLuin
        Well, we enjoy when you can be here!
        Mar 15, 2018
      4. Richol Richards
        Richol Richards
        Thanks! I definitely miss the Silmfilm community whenever these long stretches of busyness occur, and it's always a joy whenever I get some time to get back into things, as brief as those windows are becoming these days... :|
        I may or may not be cheating and spending just a liiiiittle extra time on the boards today vs. actually getting work done...ahem.
        Mar 15, 2018
    13. Richol Richards
      Richol Richards
      Maybe it's due to being away for so long but I feel particularly energized by today's session. :)
      1. MithLuin and Marielle like this.
      2. Marielle
        Marielle
        Same!
        Jan 26, 2018
    14. Richol Richards
      Richol Richards
      Happy New Year, for those who just entered into 2018! :)
      1. Haakon likes this.
    15. Richol Richards
      Richol Richards
      Merry Christmas, everyone!
      1. Haakon likes this.
    16. Richol Richards
      Richol Richards
      Quite the ambitious one, seth dean is....
      1. Haakon likes this.
      2. Haakon
        Haakon
        Was.
        Dec 20, 2017
      3. Richol Richards
        Dec 21, 2017
      4. Haakon
        Haakon
        He seems to have returned (briefly)
        Dec 21, 2017
    17. Richol Richards
      Richol Richards
      Geminids meteor shower tonight! And I do mean shower; there are so many :)
      1. Haakon likes this.
    18. Richol Richards
      Richol Richards
      Mmmk, so would it be terrible to make Nimloth Beleg's daughter? Because I think I'm warming to that idea...
      2. MithLuin
        MithLuin
        Beleg always struck me as much more of a loner than a family man, but I don't hate the idea. It does make sense to consider her parentage, and seems unlikely that her mother and father would be 'nobodies' in Thingol's court.
        Dec 13, 2017
      3. Faelivrin
        Faelivrin
        Tolkien answered this. Nimloth is Celeborn's neice or great-neice, if you made Celeborn a Sinda. She's the daughter of Galathil, son of Galadhon, son of Elmo, the obscure third brother of Thingol and Olwe. Presumably Elmo and Galadhon got killed by Dwarves (or Orcs!), otherwise one of them would be the next King of Doriath.
        Jan 6, 2018
      4. MithLuin
        MithLuin
        Elmo does not exist in our adaptation. Most of Thingol and Celeborn's extended family was killed/captured by the Hunter at Cuivienen. So, we can at least ask the question of who Nimloth would be related to in this version.
        Jan 6, 2018
    19. Richol Richards
      Richol Richards
      Please excuse momentary lapses in common sense. Clearly I still haven't recovered from extreme sleep deprivation....
      1. Haakon likes this.
      2. MithLuin
        MithLuin
        No need to apologize! Being sleep deprived is like being drunk. I have said some really stupid things on little sleep. Such as, when I'd stayed up all night to watch the stars, I wanted to protest someone comparing 9/11 to the Titanic. So I said, "The Titanic didn't sink." Realizing that wasn't quite right, I corrected myself:"I mean, nobody died."
        Dec 12, 2017
      3. MithLuin
        MithLuin
        What I *meant* to say was that the difference between the sinking of the Titanic and the terrorist attack on 9/11, while they were both disasters with a high casualty rate, was that the Titanic was an accident but 9/11 was a deliberate attack. So, you know...I was close :P
        Dec 12, 2017
      4. Richol Richards
        Richol Richards
        Hahaha, fairly close. ;) Yeah, I've also had conversations like that...much to the amusement of my friends.
        Dec 13, 2017
    20. Richol Richards
      Richol Richards
      Okay so I've missed most of the script discussions this season. Just to make sure, only episodes 1 & 2 are currently available, right?
      2. Richol Richards
        Richol Richards
        Thank you! Yeah, I figured I'd try to catch up on as much as possible while I have a couple of free days. :) Toooootally forgot I could just access the ended sessions from the previously posted links, and that this was what Haakon was saying. And I've actually done this before, yet today my cognitive faculties all seem to have departed. *Facepalm*. Don't tell anyone my degree was in Computer Science or anything...
        Dec 12, 2017
      3. Nicholas Palazzo
        Nicholas Palazzo
        So, my typical modus operandi is to change the raw video to "unlisted" after the sessions are complete, so random people don't stumble across them. They can still be viewed if you have a link, like the ones I post on the forums.
        Dec 12, 2017
      4. Richol Richards
        Richol Richards
        Gotcha. Thanks!
        Dec 13, 2017
  • About

Birthday:
    Apr 24, 1989 (Age: 29)