Recent content by Ruth Furukawa

1. R

Singers wanted

I only did one year of highschool choir, but I can read music and sing pretty well, I think.
  2. R

Singers wanted

I could help, probably.
  3. R

Playing Music at Mythmoot

I'm not sure which regional moot it'd be, I live in western Colorado, so either LA moot or Midwest moot are probably about equally far. Otherwise, I could probably make it to Mythmoot next year. I play the violin.
  4. R

Playing Music at Mythmoot

I was wondering how many of us sing/play instruments, and whether we could organize some kind of orchestra to play some of Philip Menzies' wonderful tunes at Mythmoot or a regional moot sometime?
  5. R

Aragorn and Turin

I have recently been struck by how much Aragorn in these scenes reminds me of Turin. Both of them are strange vagabond-looking men who all the same seem to have something more about them and carry a sword of great import. It occurs to me that the choice between Aragorn being either a rascal...
  6. R

The Family of Gil-Galad

I would like the convoluted Orodreth lineage except for the problem of Galadriel. Queenship obviously exists at least as a concept because Galadriel presumably saw her establishing a dominion of her own as a viable and even obvious option. Would it be too much of a stretch for Galadriel to...
  7. R

Jewellery

8. R

Jewellery

9. R

Jewellery

So, on that last picture, before I clicked on it to see it bigger, I thought the darker pearls looked like rope, which I thought was really cool. In the ship topic, it was (I think? semi?) established that the Teleri could be associated with ropes. I think it would be fun for the Teleri to...
  10. R

Poetry Contest?

It's April, and it's 2017, will there be a poetry contest? Did I miss it?
  11. R

Sailing, Sailing, Sailing

I arranged everything Sam said in his first conversation as a free-verse poem But what about these tree men These giants, as you might call them? They do say that one bigger Than a tree was seen up away Beyond the north moors Not long back My cousin Hal saw one. He works for Mr...
Back