Recent content by Smaug_the_Mighty

1. Smaug_the_Mighty

Jan 2023 - Team Structure

Hello again everyone, I am not sure who is still checking this forum, but I will be sending out some messages soon to those of you who have volunteered, to see who is still interested in getting this project up and running, and forming a team structure. Various health and life things have...
  2. Smaug_the_Mighty

Call for Tech Team Leader and/or Advisor

Thanks CrownedProphet! We do not currently have anyone in this role, so any and all help would be appreciated! If you can have a browse through the posts on the Implementation forum and add any thoughts you have, that would be a great start.
  3. Smaug_the_Mighty

Welcome, Dwarven Smiths!

No worries, thank you for creating the example and hosting it for a little while!
  4. Smaug_the_Mighty

Jan 2023 - Team Structure

Thanks for your patience folks! I have been doing lots of thinking and planning behind the scenes to get my head around this project, how to get it running again, and how to keep it going through 2023 and beyond. My main thought is to bring some more structure to the team of volunteers. My...
  5. Smaug_the_Mighty

Update - September 2022

Another quick update for any of you following along here. I am very busy at work until late November, but after then I will have much more free time to dedicate to this project. My health has finally gotten close to normal again too. Looking forward to marching ahead soon! I will be in touch...
  6. Smaug_the_Mighty

Update - September 2022

Hi Arnorion, nice to hear from you, I hope you and your wife continue improving too! Tony Meade has already been making summary notes of each session, these will form the episodes pages of our wiki. I think the linking of themes and episodes together will happen more easily once the wiki is up...
  7. Smaug_the_Mighty

Update - September 2022

Greetings, free folk of Middle-earth! Apologies for disappearing for months. I caught COVID just after Mythmoot in June, lost all my energy and stamina, and have been very slowly recovering ever since. I’m still not back to full health but I am keen to get back to this project! For those of...
  8. Smaug_the_Mighty

Episode Transcripts

@Tony Meade If you are willing, please definitely continue with the summaries. Thank you so much for all the work you have been doing on them, I don't think this project would be the same without them! I understand your concern given we have been starting on episode transcripts, but your...
  9. Smaug_the_Mighty

Next steps - April 2022

Hi folks! I would love to start setting some goals for content creation, editing, and collecting. There are several tasks that we can make good progress on before the website has been designed and is fully functional. 1. Transcripts Let’s set up a structured team to start writing/editing...
  10. Smaug_the_Mighty

Update - April 2022

Hello everyone! I’ve had a crazy busy time at work recently, hence my absence from the forums, but I am back now and happy to see you all! I will be posting a list of tasks on the Content forum which I have been thinking about recently, so please go and have a look and see if any of those are...
  11. Smaug_the_Mighty

Welcome, Dwarven Smiths!

@ericco There are not currently transcripts of the Discord channel. There are already some people working on preserving future questions/comments from the channel for this project, but thanks for posting those links! We can look into that. It would be a difficult task to go through the backlog...
  12. Smaug_the_Mighty

A name!

Another quick thought: I have another reason why Deep Roots appeals to me in particular. We could use the tree from the Mythgard logo, expand it out so that it has roots, and create the website logo from that. That could be a nice way of conveying that this is all part of Signum and Mythgard.
  13. Smaug_the_Mighty

A thought on Output

Thanks FirstFish, it is wonderful to have something to look at! Just by seeing your quick demo, I came up with some possible ideas for layout. I'd love to post them here and get some feedback, and get some additional ideas flowing. Again, not a website-creation person here, so I did the best I...
  14. Smaug_the_Mighty

Episode Transcripts

I've finished a draft of Episode 20. I actually found it quicker to use the Youtube transcript as a basis, deleting the surplus timestamps and making editorial changes, rather than re-typing all of the material, although I did have to re-type in some areas where the Youtube mistakes were...
  15. Smaug_the_Mighty

A name!

All of these are wonderful, it's going to be difficult to decide! So far my favourites are The Red Book and Deep Roots, they are both easily visualised (as FirstFish pointed out), and also they seem to me more obviously linked to LOTR than the others so far. Underhill and Findegil are both good...
Back