Mythmoot V Call for Papers

MithLuin

Administrator
Staff member
Basic info:
https://signumuniversity.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/mythmoot-v-cfp.pdf

Mythmoot's Dates are June 21-24th at the National Conference Center in Leesburg, VA.
The deadline for the call for papers is March 15th.
You will hear back by April 15th.
Also a heads up that you should not submit a proposal unless you intend to attend the conference.

Presentations are 30 min; Workshops are 1.5 hours.

So...anyone here planning on going? Have any ideas of something you'd like to present if you do?

My current thought for a Silm Film workshop is to have participants write (part of) a script for the Silm Film. I figure we pass out Episode Outlines with some notes and prompts (possibly even a rough draft), and have them craft a scene themselves to be read at the end of the session. 20 minutes to explain, break everyone into groups, and pass out materials, and then 40 minutes for them to write something and then 30 minutes to convince the various groups to come up to the front and do a 'dramatic reading' of their scene for the group.

Should be fun, right?

My current thought for a Silm Film workshop is to have participants write (part of) a script for the Silm Film. I figure we pass out Episode Outlines with some notes and prompts (possibly even a rough draft), and have them craft a scene themselves to be read at the end of the session. 20 minutes to explain, break everyone into groups, and pass out materials, and then 40 minutes for them to write something and then 30 minutes to convince the various groups to come up to the front and do a 'dramatic reading' of their scene for the group.

Should be fun, right?

That is a fantastic idea! I was already having panic attacks about having to finish another script.

Nick, have you submitted an entry for the Call For Papers yet? Deadline is March 15th.

Back