New places in Season 4

Haerangil

I think we'll have some new places we'll visit this season...

What about:
-Eol's home in Nan Elmoth
-Nargothrond
-Tol Sirion/Minas Tirith
-Barad Nimras
-Ard galen warcamp

Do we get?
-mount Taras and Vinyamar
-Barad Eithel
-Aegnors & Angrods home in Dorthonion (or do they get two fortresses?)
-a settlement of the Green elves in ossiriand?
-a settlement of the north sindar in mithrim?
-the camps of Feanor &Fingolfin near lake mithrim - do these develop into steady settlements?
-some border guard settlement near doriath?
-belegost & Nogrod?

Fortresses of the Feanorians:
-home of Celegorm & curufin near Aglon pass
-Maedhros home at Himring
-Maglors home near maglor's gap
-Caranthirs home near mt rerir and helevorn lake
-Amras home in the plains of east beleriand near river gelion

Last edited:
All of the above, plus:

Gondolin
Ard-galen covered in grasslands
Nulukkizdin, before it gets turned into Nargothrond
Nevrast and the settlements of Sindar around Lake Linaewen
the bank of Sirion where Ulmo "visits" Finrod and Turgon (I vote for introducing Nan Tathren for this scene)
the rebuilt, walled Eglarest and Brithombar
Barad Nimras

Amras will be on Amon Ereb, I think. Correct me if I've got that wrong.

Possibly Hildorien, after villages and/or the First Temple get built.

Do we have the Isle of Balar or Gates of Sirion yet? Do we need them?

-the camps of Feanor &Fingolfin near lake mithrim - do these develop into steady settlements?
It seems plausible enough that they would, if Fingolfin's folk consider them well-defended. Mithrim is surrounded by mountains and lakeshores are prime places to live, so it seems quite likely to me.

Wasn't it caranthir to fortify ereb first time after the dagor bragollach?

Not sure if balar & gates of sirion are already settled yet, i doubt they have an important settlement at this time already, they become more important when morgoth's influence over beleriand grows and the south is flooded by refugees...

Wasn't it caranthir to fortify ereb first time after the dagor bragollach?

Not sure if balar & gates of sirion are already settled yet, i doubt they have an important settlement at this time already, they become more important when morgoth's influence over beleriand grows and the south is flooded by refugees...
Yes, Caranthir fortifies it many years after the Dagor Bragollach. All the (remaining) sons of Feanor retreat there after the Nirnaeth Arnoediad.

Caranthir joined amras (and amrod in the sil) there, at first he lived across the gelion, Amras also seems to have lived east of Doriath first, close to Estolad and Gelion, though unspecified where exactly (though i suppose northwards near his brothers and closer to Morgoth's borders).

Ok so let's begin thinking about this. I'll start looking for pictures. We who do that have to remember to check out what has been decided so far, so we should revisit the old threads and maybe even listen to the earlier sets podcasts. (Hm, for this season, we should definitely post a summary of the decisions made).

Back