Your Newest Student

Rhococo

Hi Professor,

Not a question but just a "thanks!"

I found "Exploring the Lord of the Rings" on YouTube in December during a bout of second trimester insomnia. I thought, "so much material! This will last me all pregnancy!" But no, I was hooked and we had caught up by April. ("We" because in utero babies can apparently hear sound, so he's heard it all too!)

It was convenient that there was no class last Tuesday night because that's when I went into labour. My phone alarm to remind me of the start of class went off and I had to laugh because even if class was on, I think I'd have to miss this one!

So your newest student is named Owen, born on June 11th and he weighs 9 pounds! Unfortunately he is quite jaundiced so we will be tuning into class this week from his hospital room.

It will be fun to see how old he is by the time we sail into the West!

Just wanted to express my thanks for this wonderful undertaking and for the fact that it's accessible to all! Taking an in-person course with two young kids at home would be difficult. It's been a long time since I've been able to study literature in a group and I'm just enjoying this so much.

— Colette Rhodes (rhococo)

Attachments

• owenrhodes.jpg
    owenrhodes.jpg
    266.8 KB · Views: 2
How delightful! Many congratulations to you and your family, Colette! Thanks for sharing, and for joining us; it has been lovely having you with us!

Back