Session 5-15 & 5-16: Season Outline

I doubt we can determine that now, but we'll see a lot more of him after the War of Wrath :D And there's no Ringwraiths for about 2000 years of the Second Age.

Yeah - and not a lot of story at all...

Look at it this way: We can develop a lot of story out of ther the tiny pieces of information we get :D

We have the evil Men of Beleriand fleeing east and dominating the Men living there. We have Elros and the Numenoreans settling down in Numenor and establishing a new Edain melting pot culture. We have the Dwarven refugees from the Blue Mountains (although some stay there; Belegost might not be totally done for) coming to Khazad-Dum which is a whole new place for us to explore. We have Sauron's (at first genuine?) repetenance and whatever he does before he settles down in Mordor. We have Gil-Galad setting up an actual realm to rule for the first time, assisted by his partner and eventual successor. We have Sindar ruling over Silvan realms. We have Elrond, Galadriel+Celeborn and Celebrimbor running around before Eregion and Imladris are set up. We have the Ents and Entwives.

There are so many awesome stories hidden in there o: We just have to uncover them.

Oooh interesting. She'd be stripped of a lot of her power, a bitter, crawling being. But will we see much of Sauron between Beren&Luthien and the War of Wrath?
Not likely; Turin, Beleg, and Gwindor are in the same general area and don’t encounter him.

Suggestion for Andreth: The family tree has her death slated as F.A. 465. Do we, by any chance, want her back in Nargothrond next season and meet Beren on her deathbed? It would be a strange juxtaposition of Beren being attached to Luthien and Andreth's own failed love for Aegnor.

I think it would be cool if we show Andreth creating something that she leaves behind in Nargothrond. Perhaps a painting or a tapestry or something. It could be a piece of furniture, like a chair, I don’t know. Beren could see this when he’s in Nargothrond, or sit in the chair or whatever. Perhaps it would be too subtle? But I don’t think Andreth should be alive that long.

I think it would be cool if we show Andreth creating something that she leaves behind in Nargothrond. Perhaps a painting or a tapestry or something. It could be a piece of furniture, like a chair, I don’t know. Beren could see this when he’s in Nargothrond, or sit in the chair or whatever. Perhaps it would be too subtle? But I don’t think Andreth should be alive that long.
Painting or tapestry might be more apt to Andreth's skillset, don't know if she's into carving or not.

The last we will see of Andreth in Season 5 will be her conversation with Finrod after the battle. While the location of that conversation may not be completely finalized yet, it's not Nargothrond. So, we don't have any need to send her there, and it would make sense for her to remain with the other refugees (who are not going to Nargothrond, either). Having some object Andreth leaves behind in Nargothrond to appear in a scene with Beren there is likely the better way to connect those two stories.

The last we will see of Andreth in Season 5 will be her conversation with Finrod after the battle. While the location of that conversation may not be completely finalized yet, it's not Nargothrond. So, we don't have any need to send her there, and it would make sense for her to remain with the other refugees (who are not going to Nargothrond, either). Having some object Andreth leaves behind in Nargothrond to appear in a scene with Beren there is likely the better way to connect those two stories.
Would Beren be able to make the connection?

No. He doesn't know about Andreth's relationship with Aegnor (which happened when his parents were children) and has never been to Nargothrond before. This would be a connection for the audience or for Finrod.

I’m listening to the podcast asynchronously and there are some questions I want to ask somewhere... I hope it’s ok that I do that here. Some of them are a bit stupid and I guess the answers can be found somewhere but I’m going to be lazy so here goes...
First of all: Aredhel. I’m not sure I understand this correctly, but I suspect that the part of her story when she goes to the sons of Fëanor before encountering Eöl and they’re off somewhere is cut from the plot line? If we haven’t done that, maybe we should.
Second: Do I understand things correctly if I take it that Fingolfin meets Círdan during his tour for the Big Push and that we during that visit get to show Círdan’s estel? Perhaps this is an issue for an episode discussion.
Third: Gil Galad. He is going to Nargothrond, but is that after Dagor Bragollach? And how do we contrast Gil G and Maeglin? Gil G grows up in Minas Tirith, right? I want Orodreth’s friendship with Celebrimbor to put Celebrimbor in something of a godfather position, which will be good in the long run.
Fourth: Galdor. I’m talking about Círdan’s former captain who joined Turgon and moved to Gondolin. I know this is a minor issue, and we’ve been through it more than once...but I’d love to make some connection to Voronwë here. I’m not sure it’s possible.

Last edited:
I'll answer the two I can with the most speed and accuracy.

First of all: Aredhel. I’m not sure I understand this correctly, but I suspect that the part of her story when she goes to the sons of Fëanor before encountering Eöl and they’re off somewhere is cut from the plot line? If we haven’t done that, maybe we should.
It is indeed part of the plot already, taking place in Episode 2.
Second: Do I understand things correctly if I take it that Fingolfin meets Círdan during his tour for the Big Push and that we during that visit get to show Círdan’s estel? Perhaps this is an issue for an episode discussion.
Yes and yes.

I do not know where to put this really, so here goes:

Corey spoke of the prolems with the flames of Dagor Bragollach being to slow, but there is an natural phenomen, that if pushed up (which is no problem for Morgoth i think), called Pyroclastic flow Here is a wiki link. There are a lot of videos on YouTube to demonstrate the devestation effect, and it is fast moving also.

I do not know where to put this really, so here goes:

Corey spoke of the prolems with the flames of Dagor Bragollach being to slow, but there is an natural phenomen, that if pushed up (which is no problem for Morgoth i think), called Pyroclastic flow Here is a wiki link. There are a lot of videos on YouTube to demonstrate the devestation effect, and it is fast moving also.

Yes, I was thinking of pyroclastic flow in particular as something which would be able to cross Ard-Galen in hours. But those hours would still feel slow if shown on screen.

Back