Session 6-22: Casting

Edrahil and Enedrion are Noldor, of Finrod's following. But there is no indication that they are related to Finrod at all. They were born in Beleriand, so their mother could be Sindar or Noldor.

Given that, the most likely hair color is dark, as Haerangil states.

Here's an update on how we're doing with the nomination process.

We're about halfway through getting enough nominees, so I think we're off to a very good start. I'll make sure there's a reminder for people to come nominate actors on Thursday's podcast, so hopefully we can begin to fill out our options. I would like to be able to announce the start of voting during the April 13th podcast, but that is contingent upon us having the nominations ready.

So, if you've been contemplating nominating someone, but haven't quite gotten around to composing a post....go for it! No time like the present :).

If you have any questions about how to nominate someone, go ahead and ask here, or in the intstruction thread linked above. No experience with Silm Film is necessary to nominate or cast votes in our casting process - all input is welcome!

Last edited:
Another update - we're doing well with nominations, though not finished yet. I'd like to see about 11 more nominations made before we close nominations and open voting. So, I am willing to set the deadline for nominations as Wednesday April 26th, with the announcement of the voting to happen on the April 27th podcast. Voting will last about 10 days, and then the results will be tabulated in preparation for the next podcast.

I think it makes sense to save the casting of our two 'everyman' dwarves of Belegost characters for next season, when we'll have a clearer idea of their role, so I'm deleting them from the casting list. Deadwë was, of course, always optional, so if there are no nominations, he will not be part of the casting, either. I hope that clarifies the process, so that no one will miss their chance to nominate an actor for a role.

The poll is open for casting! Cast your ballot by Sunday May 14th.

Back