Question about Mythmoot

Gravidy

I'm wondering how academic Mythmoot is? I'm considering going, but I've never been involved in any kind of literary activity or event before, and I'm trying to determine if it's appropriate for my level of knowledge.

Would it be worthwhile for someone who just recently learned the word "retcon" :D?

Thanks!

Mythmoot is not strictly an academic conference, though it is more academic than a fan convention. Sorta a hybrid of the two. So, some of the presentations will be people reading academic papers. If you think you might enjoy listening to that even if it's not something you have experience with, why not, right? But there will also be panels/events that are less academic in nature - not sure what, exactly, yet, but probably some arts and entertainment as well.

I would say that if you have *no* interest in an academic conference at all, then you will probably be bored for parts of Mythmoot, but that if you want 'academic-conference-lite' this is probably a good place to start.

Also, as there are different tracks running simultaneously, you can pick the topics that interest you more.

Last edited:
Back