Marielle
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media Albums About

• Do we get dwarves this coming season? Because I've got to warn you, I've buried myself in canon and not with dwarves over the last few weeks
    Reactions: Haakon
    Haakon
    Haakon
    Yes, we will definitely get dwarves. I've been looking forward to it a lot and for a long time. We're going to have some great discussions, I hope!
    Marielle
    Marielle
    Alrighty, then. Prepare for me to have *opinions*. Like, worse than usual.
    Haakon
    Haakon
    Worse? I'm looking forward to them! I have some as well, wich might or might not clash with yours. It'll be fun!
    I'm excited for casting and sets, but really I'm sooooo impatient to get to Season 3 and the Kinslaying!
    amysrevenge
    amysrevenge
    If we're going there - the thing I'm here for is Arvedui and his adventures in the north with the Lossoth snowmen, and the intervention of Earnur and Cirdan. All the rest of it is just leadup to that story.
    amysrevenge
    amysrevenge
    (Which I fully realize is a decade-plus hence - maybe my 6 year old daughter will be able to contribute by then)
    MithLuin
    MithLuin
    Haha, oh, okay, fine, then I will admit that I am here for Maedhros...and Finrod Felagund...and Gil-galad...and Elrond. Ulmo and Mandos tided me over in Season 1, but I am so very glad we have elves on screen now, and in particular Noldor headed for a disastrous fall. But it wouldn't truly be a Tolkien-project if we didn't leave work for the next generation to pick up!
    Was only half-able to listen at work today, but from what I could hear, I'm looking forward to the podcast!
    Haakon
    Haakon
    Yeah I missed the last part, can't wait to listen to it. Great discussion
    I jump a little in my seat every time I remember that Exploring LotR, Return of Shadow, and Silmfilm are all back this week!
    Reactions: Richol Richards
    amysrevenge
    amysrevenge
    Going to have another challenging night - primary parenting + course. I'm just wrapping up the Lost Road, might be caught up to Return of Shadow in time for the last class haha.
    Dunno where we'd fit this in, but I really want Ulmo to say at some point "the Music still echoes in my ears" -- explaining why he's so wise
    Marielle
    Marielle
    Yes! That allows us to tie in the idea of the music still sounding in the waters of Middle Earth, too. I like it!
    amysrevenge
    amysrevenge
    Yeah, if it's a good moment, then we can go back to the sound of water at any point later on as a direct callback to the Music without being explicit.
    amysrevenge
    amysrevenge
    Although when it comes to the sound of water, it just popped into my head the moment from the first Hobbit movie where the Dwarves have ruined the plumbing in Bag End...
    Officially having Silmfilm withdrawal symptoms...
    Marielle
    Marielle
    I've paused in that, other than trying to participate in the current class, since my History of Middle Earth books are in storage currently, and I don't get as much out of the classes without having read the text :(
    amysrevenge
    amysrevenge
    I'm lucky, I guess, in that my memory for printed text is just good enough that I can remember enough of it to get what I need out of the course despite not doing the actual reading and just relying on my last reading of them. Which doesn't feel like that long ago but was actually shortly pre-parenthood and kiddo is 6 now so...
    Ange1e4e5
    Ange1e4e5
    Me, I'm just waiting for Season 2 casting to be finalized to start on the next season.
    Just realized one of my asides could be read as a huge "FIght Me!" to our resident Loremaster. I do hope my funeral will be well attended.
    Anyone else constantly forcing themselves not to create posts about topics not relevant for 20 seasons? No? Just me? Alrighty, then...
    Marielle
    Marielle
    :) Wasn't completely successful in squashing that urge last night. But hey, at least I (mostly) limited it to things sort-of related to discussions in session 2-19, right?
    Haakon
    Haakon
    You limited things very nicely. :)
    amysrevenge
    amysrevenge
    The best creative challenge is to find a way to justify applying something you *mostly* need for S20 to S2 or S3, so that you can talk about it. now. :)
    So turns out Rankin/Bass *also* did a claymation special on Jack Frost. DOES THE HORROR NEVER END?!
    Haakon
    Haakon
    I feel so lucky, I have never seen any of ther films. Should I? :)
    Marielle
    Marielle
    You have no idea how much I envy you right now...
    Home for Christmas, which means back to my parents' wifi. Will contribute as often as it allows me.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back