Mythgard Forums

MithLuin
MithLuin
I think it's a fun idea, and solves some of our 'oldest things are the most awesome because they come from Valinor' tension with 'you learn and improve as you do things more' reality.
amysrevenge
amysrevenge
The cut from Aragorn-in-frame to Fingolfin with the camera zooming in to Aragorn's broken sword and then zooming out from Fingolfin's - that's TV magic.
Haakon
Haakon
Yes MithLuin it solves that problem, and on top of that I think Prof O's idea that Fingolfin should carry the broken sword as a reminder of the crime of the Kinslaying is fantastic. And, on top of that, it's great that there's a parallel to Narsil.
Haakon
Haakon
I think his sword should break as he is attacking Olwë. It breaks and Fingolfin realises the attack is wrong. Then Olwë is killed.
amysrevenge
amysrevenge
Olwe is killed while Fingolfin is standing stock still, staring down at the shards in his hands
Haakon
Haakon
Exactly! They look into each others eyes as Olwë dies.
Haakon
Haakon
Well, he doesn't stare at the shards at the same time that he looks into Olwë's eyes, but..
amysrevenge
amysrevenge
I'm imagining that the instant the sword breaks, we immediately cut the battle sounds. Either silence or some haunting music as he stares down. Unless that is too similar in effect to the moment before Haldir's death in the 2nd PJ film......
Haakon
Haakon
Yes and then the sound returns as an arrow strikes Olwë in the neck. Fingolfin grasps Olwë's shoulders and he watches the light fade from the eyes of the king of the Teleri.
amysrevenge
amysrevenge
It's a beautiful and horrible moment. But have to be careful, otherwise Fingolfin continuing on the Beleriand could seem forced - why doesn't he choose as Finarfin does?
Haakon
Haakon
He still wants to go to Beleriand, just not by any means.
amysrevenge
amysrevenge
Have to stress the difference between "This plan was a horrible idea" and "Part of this plan was a horrible idea but other parts of it are still great".
Back