amysrevenge
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I thought from body language my daughter wasn't enjoying our Hobbit reading, but after skipping a few nights she asked for the Gandalf book.
    Reactions: Nicholas Palazzo
    MithLuin
    MithLuin
    I read the Hobbit to my brother when he was 5; he enjoyed it, and would ask me to read to him, but he mostly just wanted to get to the part with Gollum and would often fall asleep. I waited until he was 9 to read him LotR, and he read the Silmarillion on his own when he was 10.
    amysrevenge
    amysrevenge
    I showed her some screen captures of animated Hobbits and Dwarves, and she saw the last couple minutes of the first Hobbit film (basically from when the Eagles land on the Carrock through Smaug opening his eye) - my rule is no animated R-B film until after we finish the book.
    amysrevenge
    amysrevenge
    She was *captivated* by the field trip portion of the Exploring course last night (I had it casting to the TV).

I live in a different timezone so no she wasn't up past 11pm on a schoolnight, thank you very much haha.
    FUN! I'm so glad to have caught up and be able to listen in live to silmFilm. Can't wait for S3 when I can chip in from the start. :)
    Listening to the Prof introduce the "Exploring" course in 1st Return of Shadow class. "No more than 1 chapter per week". Hahahahahahahaha
    MithLuin
    MithLuin
    Not a lie....
    amysrevenge
    amysrevenge
    Certainly not. Haha
    Marielle
    Marielle
    HAAAAHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaa*deepbreath* Haaaahhaaaaaaha!
    Visiting Banff. Feels very Redhorn Gate here tonight.
    MithLuin
    MithLuin
    Awesome! Banff is so lovely :) [Photos may exist of me walking around Johnston Lake and the hoodoos dressed as an elf ;) ]
    Listening to some of youse guyses' Youtubes. Doing my best to get more in the loop than I maybe have been lol
    amysrevenge
    amysrevenge
    My grandmother used "yous" sounding kind of like "buzz" for the second person plural pronoun, but it didn't stick with any of us.
    MithLuin
    MithLuin
    Ah, gotcha. I say 'you guys', but not 'youse guys', though people have said the latter to me. I will occasionally say 'all y'all', but mostly to get attention - in the context of 'all y'all need Jesus,' or something. I grew up in southern PA and live in Baltimore.
    Nicholas Palazzo
    Nicholas Palazzo
    Thanks for watching either way.
    Been thinking a lot lately about how to handle cutting between ongoing stories, vs. telling each one start to finish. Soon to be an issue...
    Nicholas Palazzo
    Nicholas Palazzo
    I have actually brought up the Tuor/Turin example before and have been told that we will be doing separate seasons for that. However, I am in favor of jumping back and forth between storylines within episodes.
    Nicholas Palazzo
    Nicholas Palazzo
    GoT doesn't just jump back and forth between seasons, they usually stop in on every character at least once or twice an episode. They typically have several subplots going at once within the episodes.
    Ange1e4e5
    Ange1e4e5
    How about when Aredhel brings Maeglin to Gondolin? When will that story be told?
    Experimenting with gotomeeting interfaces. My tablet casts the screen to my TV but doesn't cast the audio. Weird.
    Nicholas Palazzo
    Nicholas Palazzo
    That is weird. I've never tried that, myself.
    amysrevenge
    amysrevenge
    It treats the audio as if it was a phone call rather than normal audio I suppose. Which still doesn't explain it...
    Boo I might not be able to be live for Exploring the Lord of the Rings this week. Parenting...
    MithLuin
    MithLuin
    Parenting is important! And it is recorded, so...
    amysrevenge
    amysrevenge
    Lucky timing. My wife texted for me to come pick her up just as the professor said "Time for our field trip". I'm enjoying the field trips, but they are ancillary to the text discussion - I can watch the field trip section later without feeling like I "missed" the session.
    OK I'm caught up. I kinda don't know what to do with myself now.
    Haakon
    Haakon
    Did you check out season one? :)
    amysrevenge
    amysrevenge
    Yeah yeah I don't go halfway. Since November I caught all of Riddles in the Dark and both SilmFilm Seasons and the old Silm. Seminar. And whatever other ancillary podcasts were on the feed.
    Also. On a lark trying to translate my handle to Sindar. Not sure about the possessive, but Melethronacharn is: lover (male) vengeance.
    MithLuin
    MithLuin
    Amy = beloved, which I agree should have some form of 'mell'...but probably the feminine form melethril?

And yes, vengeance = acharn

'Vengeance of Beloved' would be a genitive phrase and not require lenition, it seems, especially if treating 'melethril' as a name.

So...Acharn Melethril should do the trick?
    MithLuin
    MithLuin
    (WARNING - I am no expert on Sindarin, and this should be taken with the grain of salt that I just looked up stuff on Ardalambion same as you did.)
    amysrevenge
    amysrevenge
    I was torn between masc/fem, but for various reasons too long to go into I think masc. would actually be more appropriate.
    Ooh, a Season 2 Frame Narrative special episode - I didn't even know this was a thing. :)
    MithLuin
    MithLuin
    You are now (officially) caught up enough to participate in Friday's session live, as that will be a follow-up to the special session from the Halloween webathon event.
    amysrevenge
    amysrevenge
    Nice!. I didn't think I'd have to figure out how to do that for a while yet. We'll see how well I can listen in while working...
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back