Haakon
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Badshaho is a young man who has turned to the dark side of spam. His fall is obvious in the Script section.
    Right now three spammers (reported): Rakesh Praja, Dannish Chummi & czesd oiu. Main forum, Script forum and casting forum. Zzzz
    Haakon
    Haakon
    I'll keep my eyes open and report what I find.
    Haakon
    Haakon
    Found 'johny dep', a 28 year old female spammer...
    Haakon
    Haakon
    And 'ibs pas' - a young man in the Main Forum.
    They’re getting younger! trial boy, a female spammer, is 26. Spam post in general casting section.
    Haakon
    Haakon
    It’s been a lot lately, hasn’t it?
    Ange1e4e5
    Ange1e4e5
    Much, much more than usual.
    MithLuin
    MithLuin
    I'm fairly certain it's all the same person - I mean, it's the same MO, different IP addresses. Hopefully, they'll get bored soon.
    Spam, spam, spam...
    MithLuin
    MithLuin
    I deleted two more today, clearly all from the same person. I suppose they are clever enough to use different IP addresses to get past whatever ban the forum uses.
    Continuing my new career as spam hunter, I reported a post in ‘Announcements’. Suspect: a bettyc stevens, female. Probably 28 yrs old.
    Reactions: Richol Richards
    Haakon
    Haakon
    Yeah I can't think of a way unless you also make it more difficult for regular Tolkien fans to become members. Btw I didn't report bettyc. But maybe you did something about that as well.
    MithLuin
    MithLuin
    I found that if I mark a post as spam, it allows me pretty blanket deletion privileges.
    Haakon
    Haakon
    Great!
    So we've got some spam in the costume section.
    Richol Richards
    Richol Richards
    Not gonna lie. The first image I got was of a bewildered and slightly harassed designer radioing personnel on the discovery of a random and unpleasant meaty prank among the costume racks....

Then my imagination promptly sobered and I remembered this is indeed an internet board, and not an actual production, lol.
    Haakon
    Haakon
    Hehe
    Well the webinar is working as well as it did the last time (not like you would hope)
    Marielle
    Marielle
    same for me, unfortunately.
    Haakon
    Haakon
    It worked for me after I turned off the wifi... Hope it worked out for you!
    Hi there, mailed to Prof. Olsen recently, but maybe he was so shocked that he couldn't even give me a thumbs down. I imagine Nan Elmoth like the forest in Hayao Miyazake's "Princess Mononoke", does anybody agree?
    Also, I think that Eöl went to Nan Elmoth because he couldn't get used to sun light. The people of Beleriand used to live with star-light, only.
    Haakon
    Haakon
    Hey that's a pretty good idea. Let's remember that and put it in a thread in the Sets section. I don't think Dr O answers mails with questions about such things. If he did, he'd have a lot to do...
    Mission accomplished! Casting subsection situation has gotten attention!
    MithLuin
    MithLuin
    Thank you for bringing it to their attention. I'll give Trish some time to take care of it, and remind her before the next session if it isn't addressed.
    It looks like we have some guests that aren't really into Tolkien?
    Haakon
    Haakon
    I mean: 'Instant cash online' and 'Easy financing' sounds to me like people trying to do business.
    Haakon
    Haakon
    And now 'Loans Easy'.
    MithLuin
    MithLuin
    You're right, there's 4 of those accounts, all created today, and all claiming to be a guy from New Zealand. Sounds like spam waiting to happen. I can delete and spam messages posted, but I don't think I can mess with anyone's account.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back