Haakon
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• ...vopns krovs is spamming in the general casting section...
    MithLuin
    MithLuin
    Anyone who knows anything about this at all, really - which would be...not me.

At this rate, I'm just going to delete all 26-27-yr-old users with vaguely suspicious user names.....
    MithLuin
    MithLuin
    The robot 'Yandex' is part of our problem. Does anybody know how to kick out the robots?
    Haakon
    Haakon
    I haven't got a clue, sorry.
    Ok so there's an alien intruder in the Main Forum. Goes by the name of wer uno.
    Haakon
    Haakon
    Also afjs ead and tenley beras- two spammers in the Main Forum
    MithLuin
    MithLuin
    Yeah, you seem to catch a lot of these guys faster than I do (as it happens at more reasonable hours for you to be awake!), so if they were to give you moderator powers, then we could tag team the spammers and clean them up even faster. Not sure who to petition for that - it just happened to me one day :p
    Haakon
    Haakon
    Ok we will figure it out.
    Oooh it's extra early this week!
    Reactions: Marielle
    Marielle
    Marielle
    Yeah, US doesn't switch daylight savings until this coming Sunday.
    Haakon
    Haakon
    Ah of course! I should have realised
    ‘Found in the Casting section. Four letters, rhymes with ‘ham’.
    MithLuin
    MithLuin
    Got it.
    MithLuin
    MithLuin
    If I can catch them as they register, they don't get a chance to post their spam. But that requires a level of constant vigilance that I simply cannot maintain. And obviously, I wouldn't want to ban some actual poster just because their username looks spammy!
    Haakon
    Haakon
    Yeah...I mean I sometimes see new members with names that look suspicious.... 'rad pit' rather than 'Ghân-buri-Gân'. But I agree, it's not like you can throw someone out because of that.
    Has anyone listened to the podcast session 3-7? It’s about the season 2 finale...
    Richol Richards
    Richol Richards
    I have some notes I don't think I ever got round to posting. I'll share them in the 3.07 thread.
    Haakon
    Haakon
    I listened live, but sometimes you want to go back.
    Haakon
    Haakon
    People who can’t listen live will certainly not enjoy discovering it’s an old session.
    I wanted to write about something related to Tolkien but then SPAM happened again so SPAM there's spam in the Across section (runi dov)
    Haakon
    Haakon
    Did you send your summary to the execs already?
    MithLuin
    MithLuin
    Perhaps. I have not sent it yet, no. I will do that later this evening.
    Haakon
    Haakon
    Ok. Well I think I’ve made most of the points I wanted to make.
    So..a couple of spammers this morning...sanam bastu in the casting section, Danie kol in the Across the Series section, anddjavii in sets..
    Haakon
    Haakon
    I can’t spot them as easily on the phone as on the computer but it sounds like there were four so there should be one more?
    MithLuin
    MithLuin
    Haha, yes, I am on my phone too. I will check on the computer later.
    Haakon
    Haakon
    Sorry, I should have said five.
    Today's spammer: john dirt, female 28 years old. Left some dirt in the Main Forum.
    Oh I thought the session was next week...
    Richol Richards
    Richol Richards
    Yeah, I had to keep reminding myself so I wouldn't forget; The sessions are back-to-back these last couple of weeks because of that gap we missed late September-mid October.
    Ok I’m leaving this to you guys for a few days. I’ve been putting too much energy into this project for the last few weeks.
    MithLuin
    MithLuin
    Thanks for all of your work in hashing out the Season 3 storylines!
    Haakon
    Haakon
    Thank you. I won't be completely absent but I just can't put any creative focus on this right now. Maybe on Saturday or something, or next week. The last session was kind of a breaking point I guess. :)
    Richol Richards
    Richol Richards
    Yes, thanks - you've done an excellent job!
    So... I didn’t have time to stay through the entire session. I got the impression though that things turned out better than they were before
    Haakon
    Haakon
    I think the girdle is a better story peak than the death of Denethor so that’s good
    MithLuin
    MithLuin
    SAME. That artificially-delayed peak has been bothering me for some time. Not sure if what we have works, either, but it feels like an improvement - because Doriath has to be the focus of the Beleriand storyline.
    Haakon
    Haakon
    Yeah, agreed. Right now I feel like taking a break but in a day or two I’ll take a look at what we have. My guess is there’s a solution not far away after all.
    The level of spam is refreshingly low this morning. A perfect day for a Silmfilm session!
    Reactions: Richol Richards
    Haakon
    Haakon
    It’s extremely difficult though to debate someone who’s talking while you’re texting.
    MithLuin
    MithLuin
    Yeah. :( I do wish he'd had your *actual* outline - I could have written a summary overview in that format if I'd been asked, but I guess to be fair, I only gave him the long version last night, so it's not like he had much time to ask me for that.
    Haakon
    Haakon
    That’s alright. The main goal was accomplished and the execs got to feel they won the discussion - which they did but through giving up. It was a tough fight though
    Spam in the Main Forum: yjs ide, qvt sof. Reported.
    Haakon
    Haakon
    Also 'xks sof' and 'yks vsm'.
    MithLuin
    MithLuin
    I am deleting all the spam that I see. Don't know why we are getting hit with this.
    Haakon
    Haakon
    I think somebody found they could get in here easily and just keeps doing it...because they can. We’re not singled out but probably one of many targets. (Guessing)
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back