Richol Richards
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Mmmk, so would it be terrible to make Nimloth Beleg's daughter? Because I think I'm warming to that idea...
    MithLuin
    MithLuin
    Beleg always struck me as much more of a loner than a family man, but I don't hate the idea. It does make sense to consider her parentage, and seems unlikely that her mother and father would be 'nobodies' in Thingol's court.
    F
    Faelivrin
    Tolkien answered this. Nimloth is Celeborn's neice or great-neice, if you made Celeborn a Sinda. She's the daughter of Galathil, son of Galadhon, son of Elmo, the obscure third brother of Thingol and Olwe. Presumably Elmo and Galadhon got killed by Dwarves (or Orcs!), otherwise one of them would be the next King of Doriath.
    MithLuin
    MithLuin
    Elmo does not exist in our adaptation. Most of Thingol and Celeborn's extended family was killed/captured by the Hunter at Cuivienen. So, we can at least ask the question of who Nimloth would be related to in this version.
    Please excuse momentary lapses in common sense. Clearly I still haven't recovered from extreme sleep deprivation....
    Reactions: Haakon
    MithLuin
    MithLuin
    No need to apologize! Being sleep deprived is like being drunk. I have said some really stupid things on little sleep. Such as, when I'd stayed up all night to watch the stars, I wanted to protest someone comparing 9/11 to the Titanic. So I said, "The Titanic didn't sink." Realizing that wasn't quite right, I corrected myself:"I mean, nobody died."
    MithLuin
    MithLuin
    What I *meant* to say was that the difference between the sinking of the Titanic and the terrorist attack on 9/11, while they were both disasters with a high casualty rate, was that the Titanic was an accident but 9/11 was a deliberate attack. So, you know...I was close :p
    Richol Richards
    Richol Richards
    Hahaha, fairly close. ;) Yeah, I've also had conversations like that...much to the amusement of my friends.
    Okay so I've missed most of the script discussions this season. Just to make sure, only episodes 1 & 2 are currently available, right?
    Richol Richards
    Richol Richards
    Thank you! Yeah, I figured I'd try to catch up on as much as possible while I have a couple of free days. :) Toooootally forgot I could just access the ended sessions from the previously posted links, and that this was what Haakon was saying. And I've actually done this before, yet today my cognitive faculties all seem to have departed. *Facepalm*. Don't tell anyone my degree was in Computer Science or anything...
    Nicholas Palazzo
    Nicholas Palazzo
    So, my typical modus operandi is to change the raw video to "unlisted" after the sessions are complete, so random people don't stumble across them. They can still be viewed if you have a link, like the ones I post on the forums.
    Richol Richards
    Richol Richards
    Gotcha. Thanks!
    I'm sorry the list I'm supposed to be taking care of hasn't been updated in a while but my crazy busy 2 weeks are almost over. Wut.
    Richol Richards
    Richol Richards
    "Wut" meaning "Will update then" and not the word "what" in slang form. Of course. ;)
    Haakon
    Haakon
    No worries. There’s not a lot of action right now.
    I've been ridiculously busy this whole week and will be busy again all next week. I feel I'll have a lot to catch up on when I get back...
    Special shout out to MithLuin, who's been diligently ridding the forums of spam day after day. It is quite appreciated!
    Well, I see the spammers are starting to get festive; Hudsone Shores is bringing Christmas music to the party over in Announcements.
    [194 threads and 546 names later]...Aaaaand the giant candidates for roles list is complete! Nap time.
    Welp, the list I'm working on was supposed to be done by now but I've had a fairly busy few days. Aiming to have it done over the weekend.
    Aaaaaand the spam is back....
    MithLuin
    MithLuin
    Deleted two today. I think it is slowing down, and I do ban the IP address every time, so hopefully that will help?
    Richol Richards
    Richol Richards
    I did notice it doesn't seem to be as rampant as before. Thanks for all you've been doing! Hopefully it ceases altogether soon.
    MithLuin
    MithLuin
    I've noticed that the e-mail addresses tend to be from suspicious looking domain names. Perhaps there's a way to block those too? (Deleted two more posts and two additional accounts this morning)
    Do we have a compiled list of the names of actors and actresses who have already been suggested for roles anywhere on the boards?
    MithLuin
    MithLuin
    I look forward to seeing the database you compile, and am very happy I am not taking on that project myself ;)
    Richol Richards
    Richol Richards
    Haha, yes this is going to take some doing. I'm hoping I can get the bulk of it taken care of by November...we'll see...
    Haakon
    Haakon
    You’ve made a good start!
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back