Haakon
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Vána, the queen of flowers, will be happy when the Sun finally arrives. She must have been a bit bored during the ages.
    Reactions: Nicholas Palazzo
    amysrevenge
    amysrevenge
    Haha it's like one of the Vala was "the king of emails" and then has to wait for millennia fielding "what's an email?", unable to answer
    Haakon
    Haakon
    Yes!!! Hahaha!! I guess that would be Vairë
    MithLuin
    MithLuin
    Well, we invented flowers with the Lamps, so she didn't have to wait that long...but yes, outside of Valinor (with the Trees), it's been boring in Middle Earth for her.
    I got a Silmfilm session reminder today. I thought it’s going to be next Friday?
    Friends! Ill be less active for a few days. Of course, I will do some spam cleansing, but not as often as usual. Merry Christmas!
    MithLuin
    MithLuin
    Merry Christmas to you as well! Hope you and your family have a lovely holiday :)
    Members: 1, guests: 6, robots: 59
    MithLuin
    MithLuin
    Yeah...we really need to figure out how to block the (unwanted) robots!
    Haakon
    Haakon
    Exactly
    JJ48
    JJ48
    Maybe we'll be able to have a friendly soccer match with the robots during the Christmas truce?
    It's so wonderful when a new member is an actual person with actual interest in Tolkien.
    MithLuin
    MithLuin
    AGREED! I am also so torn between suspicion and an urge to instantly ban, versus hope and a fear that I might pre-emptively kick out a legit new member.
    Ange1e4e5
    Ange1e4e5
    And not spam? Because a lot of the "new members" have been spam.
    Haakon
    Haakon
    Yes exactly - it’s mostly spam.
    So, do we have enough material for the session tomworrow? I must confess I feel a bit confused. Where did the weeks go?
    Reactions: Marielle
    Marielle
    Marielle
    I feel you... I do think we have enough, if only because we'll have to talk through what the Green Elves' arch will be, and how it relates to the other storylines. At least, I presume we'll be talking about that. I'm certainly still hazy on the specifics there.
    Time to go to bed - got to get up early to catch the morning spam!
    MithLuin
    MithLuin
    Goodnight! I'll try to guard the boards while you sleep. :)
    MithLuin
    MithLuin
    ...and now I pass the baton back to you.
    Haakon
    Haakon
    Yes, you can leave them to me now. :)
    Hey, have you noticed that we’ve become over 600 members? 608, but that’s including spammer KimberleyOliva, who is banned.
    The feeling of happy curiosity turning into slightly bitter disappointment when a new forum post turns out to be spam.
    Reactions: Nicholas Palazzo
    MithLuin
    MithLuin
    I must say, though, you've been on top of the spam, which gives me a lot of peace of mind about things - I don't feel like I have to watch the forum constantly, because you're beating me to it, more often than not. Hopefully it will taper off eventually....
    Almost fifteen spammers detected in just a few hours this morning.
    Richol Richards
    MithLuin
    MithLuin
    And I deleted 2 more...they are hitting us hard.
    Haakon
    Haakon
    Just a few this morning. We had a similar pattern last weekend so we should expect another wave next Saturday
    Eight o'clock and aaaall's well!
    Reactions: Richol Richards
    MithLuin
    MithLuin
    I certainly do appreciate your monitoring of the boards while I sleep!
    Haakon
    Haakon
    They really are a nuisance. During my watch, they are quite active between 0600 and 1600 hrs (CET).
    ”Set in Middle Earth, the television adaptation will explore new storylines preceding J.R.R. Tolkien’s The Fellowship of the Ring.”
    Haakon
    Haakon
    'Preceding' stuff will have to be somewhat substantial to be interesting to Amazon. Since the Tolkien estate probably are interested in spreading some of the earlier tales, my hope is that this includes Beren and Luthien and The Children of Hurin. Of course the Aragorn and Arwen story and Sauron and the RIng are also great material but riskier.
    Marielle
    Marielle
    Let's not get hasty! Children of Hurin and Beren & Luthien are covered by the Silmarillion copyright. My bet the "earlier material" is from the Tale of Years and appendices. Adventures of Young Aragorn might just become a reality!
    Haakon
    Haakon
    Yeah we’ll see. The safest bet is definitely the appendices.
    A few normal names for today's spammers: Nora Moore (Main), Joshua Hicks (Costumes) and (old school) band eruck (in the Across section)
    Haakon
    Haakon
    Also Hudsone Shores in Silmfilm Official and george mik in Main forum.
    Haakon
    Haakon
    PLus givu mov in Silmfilm official, rejul alex in Across, and willross 1 in Sets.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back