Ange1e4e5
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Forum feels rather quiet. Or is that just me?...
    Haakon
    Haakon
    Maybe it's a holiday thing?
    Haakon
    Haakon
    Maybe it's the relative absence of spam?
    MithLuin
    MithLuin
    Yeah, I was away for a few days, so I will try to get back on here.
    Looking forward to nominations and voting.
    MithLuin
    MithLuin
    While it is true we are nearing the end of the Season, no announcement of when nominations for Season 3 casting will open has been made yet.
    Ange1e4e5
    Ange1e4e5
    How come?
    MithLuin
    MithLuin
    Probably because dates haven't been chosen yet.
    Gotten worse; now cookies are needed to log on to the site.
    MithLuin
    MithLuin
    I am sorry for this ongoing problem! I don't know what's causing it. The change that was made should not have any affect on users originating from the US.
    Looks like what shows up when the site is first pulled up is the first post of the day if there’s a today date stamp.
    Trouble with account; the site will sometimes say I am not logged in.
    Haakon
    Haakon
    Thanks for the tip, Ange1e4e5!
    Ange1e4e5
    Ange1e4e5
    You’re welcome. How are things on your end?
    Haakon
    Haakon
    Pretty bad. I get kicked out and have trouble logging in, and it’s hard to post stuff. When I have posted a comment, it doesn’t show and the notifications are bananas.
    Is it just me, or Pesl Cloud is a familiar spam name? I’ll swear I’ve seen it before.
    MithLuin
    MithLuin
    Many of the spam accounts use similar user names.
    Ange1e4e5
    Ange1e4e5
    That might explain why this one seems familiar.
    Wondering right now if we should have a calendar of events as Signum University does for its regular courses.
    Is it just me, or is the forum being really slow? It takes me at least 20 seconds to load the main page.
    Haakon
    Haakon
    Everything is super slow
    Massive influx of spam in Mythgard Movie Club.
    MithLuin
    MithLuin
    Haakon is out of town and I am moving. We clean the spam as we can, but we do ask for some patience at the moment.
    Haakon
    Haakon
    Yes we do what we can. Thanks for the comment though: You made me aware of the fact that I hadn’t put a watch on that part of the Forums.
    So what do the remaining seasons look like in terms of what they will be covering?
    MithLuin
    MithLuin
    Season 4: FA 1 - FA 456: Rescue of Maedhros from Thangorodrim to Death of Fingolfin at the gates of Angband.

Season 5: Beren and Lúthien

Season 6: I dunno?
    Ange1e4e5
    Ange1e4e5
    Perhaps the events leading up to the Nirnaeth Arnoediad?
    MithLuin
    MithLuin
    Generally, we set the content of the season at the beginning of the season. While we have talked about the finale of Season 4 and the intent to have Season 5 focus on Beren and Luthien, there has not yet been any decisions made about future seasons.
    Massive influx of Spam this morning.
    JJ48
    Haakon
    Haakon
    It’s not more than usual but I haven’t had time to vacuum it the way I usually do.
    MithLuin
    MithLuin
    Yeah, there's been massive spam constantly, but thanks to Haakon's wonderful efforts, most of it is gone almost immediately or within an hour of being posted. And I greatly appreciate it, because I simply can't be awake from midnight-6AM every night!
    Any reason why there’s more spam than usual?
    MithLuin
    MithLuin
    No :( I think I've gotten it all within 24 hours, but I can't prevent it from showing up. All I can do is block the IP addresses it's coming from, but obviously these guys have multiple IP addresses available to them.
    Richol Richards
    Richol Richards
    Nice Monty Python insert there, JJ. ;)
    Ange1e4e5
    Ange1e4e5
    Well, I'm just commenting on the fact that there is much more spam on the site than usual.
    Got some spam in the general casting sub forum. Sir tony4 is the username.
    MithLuin
    MithLuin
    I deleted the post for now. I don't think I have permission to mess with users, so if it comes back, we'll have to bump that complaint along to someone else.
    Haakon
    Haakon
    There's another one now, in the Main Forum. Posted by spammer 'Tom Cruse' (who also is a 28 year old woman, surprisingly).
    MithLuin
    MithLuin
    Ugh. Okay, all three 28-year-old women suspicious profiles were blocked/deleted and marked as spammers.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back