Mythgard Forums

MithLuin
MithLuin
I don't recall a reference to cussing in that discussion. What type of language do you think we would need? Generally speaking, I can't think of a reason to say something that would be bleeped out on this show.
amysrevenge
amysrevenge
I can see, perhaps, an argument that swearing could be something to distinguish Men from Elves. On the whole I don't like it, I think.
amysrevenge
amysrevenge
And a third of English cusses don't apply... (digestion, procreation, religion)
MithLuin
MithLuin
Yeah, I figured that most cussing wouldn't be culturally appropriate. There's really no need for an elf to ever say, 'Son of a bitch.' So, even if our characters do have reason to cuss, we'd likely invent that vocabulary, a la Firefly.
Ange1e4e5
Ange1e4e5
We’ve mostly focused on violence when it comes to r-rated material, namely Finwe and Fingon’s deaths. Never talked about sex.
Marielle
Marielle
I'm not saying we *need* cussing, but maybe it's a way to differentiate dwarves and/or men from elves? Not sure. Just a random thought.
Marielle
Marielle
And we did, briefly, discuss sexual content, more making fun of GoT's "must have three topless women per episode" rule.

And I'm not sure I like the idea either, amysrevenge. Just... realized it might have been an oversight of ours?
Ange1e4e5
Ange1e4e5
When did we talk about it? Can’t find any discussion.
Marielle
Marielle
In a session with the execs, not in a thread.
Ange1e4e5
Ange1e4e5
Should we start a thread?
Back