Haakon
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Close to 90 degrees here, no rain for weeks, numerous forest fires all around the country. Trying to cool my head enough to be able to work.
    Nicholas Palazzo
    Nicholas Palazzo
    I remember a long-burning fire that happened near where I grew up about 15-20 years ago. Scary.
    MithLuin
    MithLuin
    You know there's something wrong when Sweden is warmer than Virginia in July! (Kinda like when the chinooks make it so Atlanta is colder than Calgary in the winter.)
    Haakon
    Haakon
    I’ll do what I can, if I’m there.
    Not sure I’ll be online this afternoon - sorry, morning - for the session. If someone would post the results in a thread, I’d be very happy!
    MithLuin
    MithLuin
    And....we're starting more or less....NOW!
    MithLuin
    MithLuin
    I tabulated the results, and will post them later today!
    Haakon
    Haakon
    Thanks! I attended a good part, but still missed a lot - from Caranthir and onward.
    Late thought about the palantiri: Since most of the stones were with the Teleri and the Noldor had just killed a lot of them ->
    Reactions: amysrevenge
    Haakon
    Haakon
    -> and stolen their precious ships, it would maybe be a good move by Fëanor to not bring any palantir along, or the Teleri would be able to track them more easily. (Of course, the route of the Noldor was not a hard guess anyway.)
    F
    Faelivrin
    Palantiri are scrying devices in the hands of someone who knows how to use them, right? So I think they can track people who don't have a palantir of their own.
    Haakon
    Haakon
    Correct!
    I’m mostly happy about how this season turned out.
    Reactions: Richol Richards
    Haakon
    Haakon
    It was. And especially you and Nick and everybody who worked on scripts did a really good job. My wish for next season is that we put more work on season outlining. We ended up in a good place but it was after some unnecessary struggle back and forth.
    MithLuin
    MithLuin
    I support that sentiment!
    Ange1e4e5
    Ange1e4e5
    I already have an idea for an opening scene for next season.
    Unless another couple or more nominations for Lúthien come in, we won’t break the record of nine nominees for a role this season.
    Ange1e4e5
    Ange1e4e5
    So do we want to break the record? There’s a chance to break it with Beren and Turin.
    Richol Richards
    Richol Richards
    I don't think there's any real need to, just in order to break the record. But nominations are still open. If anyone wants to make a few more suitable suggestions, I'd say go for it.
    Haakon
    Haakon
    I wasn’t suggesting that we had to break the record. I just made an observation for fun - but it also tells us something about the casting process in different seasons.
    So I believe the only characters with no casting nominations are Eldalotë and Amarië. I won't do them, since I'm going on vacation.
    Richol Richards
    Richol Richards
    Gotcha covered. Enjoy your vacation! :)
    Haakon
    Haakon
    Thanks! I will pop in when I can. Regretfully I will probably miss the Sets session though.
    MithLuin
    MithLuin
    I am also going away. I will check on Monday how the nominations look. I *might* be able to get a few more in....
    I know people will engage more in casting closer to deadline, but we've only 12 days left!
    Richol Richards
    Richol Richards
    Another thing is, theoretically I do have actors and actresses lined up for most of these roles but for a lot of them there's no real compelling rationale beyond "this face more or less works for what I was thinking". So technically I can get some nominations up there, but there wouldn't really be any strong reasoning, per se... :-/
    Haakon
    Haakon
    Don’t worry about the reasoning. If you look at my nominations you will notice a few marked “I think he/she would be great”....
    Richol Richards
    Richol Richards
    Haha, okay I'll try to hop in soon. :)
    I so wanted someone to actually be called Mebob Kha! But of course it was a spammer.
    I actually managed to attend to almost half of the session! We didn’t get to sets, right?
    Haakon
    Haakon
    There’s nothing to be sorry for. Except that I’m off on vacation in three weeks (which is a good thing but makes it hard to participate). So that means Casting is even further down the road...
    MithLuin
    MithLuin
    Casting nominations will close on June 25th (tentatively).
    F
    Faelivrin
    Is there a calendar/timeline anywhere? I guess that the 29th is a sets session. I don't know if the 22nd is a session, or if the 15th was. Does anyone know when the other topics will be discussed, or at least what order they will be discussed, and which already have been finished?
    Suggestions for new threads in Sets: Rivers Gelion and Ascar, Amon Ereb, and Spider Caves of Northern Ered Luin.
    Reactions: Nicholas Palazzo
    Haakon
    Haakon
    More material could be added to existing threads about Alqualondë and Menegroth, for example.
    Haakon
    Haakon
    Ok I’ve started the threads.
    So the Scripts are in? There is some casting to do, and we also have to take a look at Sets.
    MithLuin
    MithLuin
    Yes, if we could get everything together on Sets for Friday (June 8th), that would be good.
    Ange1e4e5
    Ange1e4e5
    What’s the plan for that?
    MithLuin
    MithLuin
    People post any photos they would like to share for location shooting.
    So tomorrow is Silmfilm session day? I probably won’t make it.
    MithLuin
    MithLuin
    Yep, it should be the (final) script outline review session. Sorry you won't be able to make it :(.
    Haakon
    Haakon
    Well as always I’ll try to attend at least a while. Maybe an hour. So I will at any rate be able to hear a few ‘please stand by’-messages from the Webinar and perhaps the announcements, before I have to log off :D
    Nicholas Palazzo
    Nicholas Palazzo
    Yeah, getting started on time is not this project's strong suit. Perhaps keeping in mind how much we probably need to get done, we can convince the hosts to act as time-efficient as possible. >.>
    I had problems when trying to post nominations today, I encountered a firewall that wouldn’t accept my password/username. Anyone else?
    Ange1e4e5
    Ange1e4e5
    That typically happens whenever I try to log in. I have to press the option for stay signed in to get in at all.
    Haakon
    Haakon
    Yes I have to do the same, always. But this was a notification blocking the whole page telling me there was a firewall and demanding me to log in - which didn’t work.
    So it begins...
    Reactions: Richol Richards
    MithLuin
    Haakon
    Haakon
    Just a subtle reference to the casting of Lúthien, which is a bit difficult and interesting. It’s not a battle, so the hint went wrong, I guess Haha
    MithLuin
    MithLuin
    Ah, yes....well, that should be interesting. I imagine we'll get more nominations for her than for anyone!
    I nominated 27 people in the season 1 casting. In season 2, I nominated 39. But it looks like that was an exceptional year.
    Haakon
    Haakon
    Yes you definitely contributed with a number of important nominees. My point wasn’t really my elected nominees but that there were so many roles to fill last year.
    Haakon
    Haakon
    I also would like to encourage more people to contribute. The more perspectives the better.
    Ange1e4e5
    Ange1e4e5
    You are right; there were a lot of roles last year.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back